Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2024 MLB season news and notes

“Hernández has failed to establish a statistically significant disparity between the promotion rates of white and minority umpires,” the 2nd Circuit said in an 11-page decision. “MLB has provided persuasive expert evidence demonstrating that, during the years at issue, the difference in crew chief promotion rates between white and minority umpires was not statistically significant. Hernández offers no explanation as to why MLB’s statistical evidence is unreliable.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Angel Hernandez is not a good umpire in general. But behind the plate, he is almost comically incompetent. No intelligent management would continue to give him that assignment. Crazy world.
    Old school is good school.

Paul Skenes making his MLB debut today. This guy is filthy. The only question is how long is arm is going to last. He is built big though so maybe he will last

I have had enough of these moronic city connect uniforms. I turn on the Dodgers to watch a classic matchup against the Giants, who are wearing some ridiculous looking college type uniform. The people running baseball are great at killing their product.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Angel Hernandez is not a good umpire in general. But behind the plate, he is almost comically incompetent. No intelligent management would continue to give him that assignment. Crazy world.
    The guy is such a punchline.

I was pitching to my daughter the other day, and she avoided a pitch way outside, which I told her was a strike. She disagreed. But when I then called it an “Angel Hernandez Strike,” she did agree to that…