Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 199

Thread: April 5 Friday 9:37 EDT. Red Sox in Anaheim to play Los Angeles Angels

  1. #1
    Deity vegasbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    11,332

    April 5 Friday 9:37 EDT. Red Sox in Anaheim to play Los Angeles Angels

    Sorry for the very early posting of the game thread but may not be available Friday to continue the winning streak

    Kutter Crawford teed up to face Griffin Canning .Griffin is a middling starter with one loss in his only start of this year. 5 runs in 5 innings, with only 2 K's Kutter is one of our 5 starters producing good results, getting the team to a 5-2 record

    The Angels have a flawed team and a not great BP. But they haven't met the Red Sox bats yet . Pitch around Michael Nelson Trout and the Sox should get 2 of 3 in Anaheim

  2. #2
    Deity vegasbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    11,332
    Cool , wet weather in SoCal tonight, not likely a rainout but not a good night for sore backs, legs, shoulders or pitcher's grips on the ball. Love to get the 1st win in this series.

  3. #3
    Leaving LA for East Coast tonight--probably warmer in Maine, despite the storm, than in LA.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

  4. #4
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Greensboro, NC, moved here July 2020
    Posts
    16,622
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Cool , wet weather in SoCal tonight, not likely a rainout but not a good night for sore backs, legs, shoulders or pitcher's grips on the ball. Love to get the 1st win in this series.
    Agree on last sentence. As for the rest, Sox need to be tough.

  5. #5
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    81,689
    Line UP
    1. Duran LF
    2. Devers 3B
    3. Story SS
    4. Yoshida DH
    5. O'Neill RF
    6. Casas 1B
    7. Valdez 2B
    8. Rafaela CF
    9. McGuire C

    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

  6. #6
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Greensboro, NC, moved here July 2020
    Posts
    16,622
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Line UP
    1. Duran LF
    2. Devers 3B
    3. Story SS
    4. Yoshida DH
    5. O'Neill RF
    6. Casas 1B
    7. Valdez 2B
    8. Rafaela CF
    9. McGuire C

    A lotta lefty bats, and McGuire is catching two straight games. Cora has to do something to start scoring some runs.

  7. #7
    Deity vegasbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    11,332
    Canning can get beat early if the batters remain patient. If the Sox can score in 1st , it will bode well.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Jasonbay44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    18,963
    Is there a reason for the delay? I’m just getting home

  9. #9
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    67,171
    Rendon covered his ears because of boos?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

  10. #10
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    67,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Is there a reason for the delay? I’m just getting home
    Opening Ceremonies
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator Jasonbay44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    18,963
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Opening Ceremonies
    Oh is it the Angels opener? Gotcha, makes sense.

  12. #12
    Deity vegasbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    11,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Is there a reason for the delay? I’m just getting home
    Opening Day ceremonies at the Big A in Anaheim. Had to introduce everyone including clubhouse men, trainers and batboys, plus the real team. I'm sure the Red Sox will do similar at Fenway complete with earthquake and snowball fight next week.

  13. #13
    Deity vegasbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    11,332
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Rendon covered his ears because of boos?
    Rendon is currently 0-19 plus 1 BB to open his year. They hate him here

  14. #14
    Deity vegasbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    11,332
    Yoshida shows his stuff by check swinging a strike on ball 4, then watching strike 3 cut the plate in 2. Batting cleanup, help me understand.

  15. #15
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    67,171
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Rendon is currently 0-19 plus 1 BB to open his year. They hate him here
    0-20

    Lots of deserving boooos
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •