Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: April 6 Red Sox at LAA 5 Game Streak on the Line

April 6 Red Sox at LAA 5 Game Streak on the Line

G. Whitlock ( 1-0, 1.80 ERA ) up against Reid Detmers ( 1-0, 1`.80 ERA) . Game will end in a tie , book it.

Detmers is a LH'er , probably Angels best pitcher.

With Story out , we may see an odd lineup, especially if Dever's hand is sore. Dalbec to the rescue ?

Of all the misplays last night, Rafaela's was the worst because it opened up flood that followed, . That non-chalance "watch me, I got this until I don't" attitude by a rookie probably frosted AC , a known very good manager, Max.

Kutter's blow up and meltdown were tough to watch , but the team won anyway.

Take tonight's game, win the serries and get ready to fly East tomorrow night. O'Neill is carrying the load nicely behind Duran's good start. Oh, Enmanuel Valdez with his .428 OPS leads the team in rbi's with 5 . Tyler's 4 HRs have only scored himself, so far.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    G. Whitlock ( 1-0, 1.80 ERA ) up against Reid Detmers ( 1-0, 1`.80 ERA) . Game will end in a tie , book it.

Detmers is a LH'er , probably Angels best pitcher.

With Story out , we may see an odd lineup, especially if Dever's hand is sore. Dalbec to the rescue ?

Of all the misplays last night, Rafaela's was the worst because it opened up flood that followed, . That non-chalance "watch me, I got this until I don't" attitude by a rookie probably frosted AC , a known very good manager, Max.

Kutter's blow up and meltdown were tough to watch , but the team won anyway.

Take tonight's game, win the serries and get ready to fly East tomorrow night. O'Neill is carrying the load nicely behind Duran's good start. Oh, Enmanuel Valdez with his .428 OPS leads the team in rbi's with 5 . Tyler's 4 HRs have only scored himself, so far.
    As always, an OP which strays and fascinates--and freaking wins!

Last night Crawford struggled, but gave up exactly 1 ER in 4.2 innings. And the Sox pitching staff gave up 2 ER's in 9 innings. It was the two youngsters, Rafaela in CF and Valdez @ 2B, who were guilty of opening the floodgates for the Angels. Their two errors led to the grand slam and 4 unearned runs.

Agree Detmers is the Angels best starter, but, as you say, Whitlock is also off to a good start. To date the Sox have hit lefties about as well as righties.

Story's injury hurts the Sox defense far more than the offense.

Trusting that Story will be out for an extended period , who comes up from Worcester or elsewhere ? Hamilton , who has not shown up well yet ? Does Breslow go shopping for a SS, lol, if it looks like 60+ day IL.?
    For a team that has drafted a lot of HS SS's , there is a paucity of ready talent to plug in.

Even if Brez/Cora think that Reyes can be the starter, who becomes the bench IF'er capable of finding SS position on the field. Dalbec has Casas and Devers days off, Someday in a galaxy far away when Grissom actually plays , does he go to second no matter ? Can Valdez play SS ? I would say Enmanuel is a little short of that skill set.

Got to go to attend the real game tonight and see the on field, regular season Red Sox before any of you guys . I'll try to get us another win, but this SS thing is not good.
    Last edited by vegasbob; 04-06-2024 at 04:37 PM.

They put DHam on a plane to CA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Turner would be nice to have around for infield depth this year. Didn't understand not getting another year out of him.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo-sox View Post
    Turner would be nice to have around for infield depth this year. Didn't understand not getting another year out of him.
    Given our budget, I can see why.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

No Story, Yoshida or McGuire. (McGuire must have been heating up too much for Cora- LOL. Actually, he needed a rest.)

1. Duran LF
    2. Reyes SS
    3. Devers 3B
    4. O"Neill RF
    5. Dalbec DH
    6. Casas 1B
    7. Rafaela CF
    8. Wong C
    9. Valdez 2B

Whitlock vs the LHP Detmers

BAL lost to PIT 5-4.

Dalbec the Red Sox DH.... just does not roll of the tongue well.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Trusting that Story will be out for an extended period , who comes up from Worcester or elsewhere ? Hamilton , who has not shown up well yet ? Does Breslow go shopping for a SS, lol, if it looks like 60+ day IL.?
    For a team that has drafted a lot of HS SS's , there is a paucity of ready talent to plug in.

Even if Brez/Cora think that Reyes can be the starter, who becomes the bench IF'er capable of finding SS position on the field. Dalbec has Casas and Devers days off, Someday in a galaxy far away when Grissom actually plays , does he go to second no matter ? Can Valdez play SS ? I would say Enmanuel is a little short of that skill set.

Got to go to attend the real game tonight and see the on field, regular season Red Sox before any of you guys . I'll try to get us another win, but this SS thing is not good.
    Hamilton? Well, he was a 'hit' on Broadway.

Dalbec and Reyes can hit neither RH's or LH's, but they both thrive when facing under handers.

Great throw by Wong

The Angels' play-by-play announcer's voice sounds a lot like Bob Costas.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Dalbec and Reyes can hit neither RH's or LH's, but they both thrive when facing under handers.
    Having said that, I expect 2 HR's from Dalbec tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo-sox View Post
    Dalbec the Red Sox DH.... just does not roll of the tongue well.

Well, DH stands for Dalbec Homers.