Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/07 SOX @ Angels 4:07PM

I certainly won't miss Verdugo. Oneill is going to hit 30+ bombs this year

Deity
    Yankees just keep rolling.

Silseth creates a lot of sibilance.

Valdez could up his game a bit by letting some pitches just hit him. HP umpire called him out on a pitch clearly outside.

He also needs to work on his positioning for throw downs on steal attempts. He is too far in front of the bag , shorts the throw and needs a big sweep tag. Trout's wide slide indicate he saw a path away from Valdez.

Based on no experience in the health care field, I would venture to say that Devers' shoulder is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Based on no experience in the health care field, I would venture to say that Devers' shoulder is fine.
    You're correct about the shoulder, it is what sits on his shoulders that occasionally drifts away

Definitely intentional.

After 2 starts each ( Houck after 5 today) , Whitlock has completed the fewest innings 9.1 to Bello's 10.0, but other wise Bello is the statistically worst stat-man in all categories among these 5 guys.

The BP as a group , subject to today's game finishing well, have been very good to excellent. Even Joely shows promise .

Masa making good contact today.

Would have been nice if Valdez could have moved the runners.

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    I certainly won't miss Verdugo. Oneill is going to hit 30+ bombs this year
    If he can stay healthy. That has been a problem for him the last two seasons with the Cardinals. I went to about 8 games in St. Louis last year and only saw him play once.

McGuire says enough of that Solo HR crap. This is a 3 run johnson

Reese! He may be fined for hitting one with men on base.

Once the Sox get a definitive diagnosis and medical prognostication on Story, assuming it is bad news 60++ IL, I will be anxious to see if Breslow can find and acquire a veteran utility infielder with just average skills. There is nothing evident that the Sox can go very far with Valdez, Hamilton and Reyes with a Grissom sighting maybe happening, oh, sometime this century. Need to make a move , Brez. The budget should not be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Once the Sox get a definitive diagnosis and medical prognostication on Story, assuming it is bad news 60++ IL, I will be anxious to see if Breslow can find and acquire a veteran utility infielder with just average skills. There is nothing evident that the Sox can go very far with Valdez, Hamilton and Reyes with a Grissom sighting maybe happening, oh, sometime this century. Need to make a move , Brez. The budget should not be an issue.
    Hamilton looks good today with a homer and a single. If he can get on base he is a walking double.