Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/12 Angels come to Boston

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    So I take it we have nobody down there in the Bush Leagues that can field better than these guys. That might be scarier than what we are seeing now.
    I was thinking the same thing... there's nobody in the minor system for the Red Sox that can take a ground ball or make throw in the infiield? I'm basically an idiot when it comes to baseball IQ.... but it sure does not like these buys belong anywhere close to this level of competition.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Its going to be like that all year long. This is probably the worst Flops team in decades. They will be lucky to win 60-65 games. But remember: its "full throttle".
    In reverse.
    Ha yes.... next time they say it's full throttle they will need to clarify what direction.
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

Deity
    I hate to say it ,,,,but O'Neills smash to 3rd would have likely hit Rafi right in the nuts.

Deity
    Think Cora ever tries Rafaela at SS?
    Last edited by notin; 04-12-2024 at 06:32 PM.

"Yer durn tootin', O'Hoppe." I loved those old Irish westerns on Saturday morning.

Sox are a LONG way from being a competitive team. If these are the reinforcements from the minors... there is not much in the way of hope for thinking we can compete with the young guys. And obviously they aren't going to spend any money for pro help outside the team. Sad sad sad... can't understand how you could own a team, any team let alone the Red Sox and just watch it burn down like this. I don't want to hear that they brought us championships in the past- that's not how life works. You can't punch someone in the face and say- well I was really nice to you in the past so....??
    Dear Mr. Henry,

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Think Cora ever tried Rafaela at SS?
    I think he wanted to and Breslow told him no.
    Dear Mr. Henry,

This would be a good game to have Lenny Clarke in the booth.

Casa is embarrasing on that foul out. Just keep stretching the starters into more and more outs. These guys are inexplicable in their lack of focus and skills

I'm going to switch to a better game. This team does not deserve my time. Later guys.
    Dear Mr. Henry,

Cora says Devers might return Saturday. Why, what for, to jerk his shoulder around again, then miss two more ? Give him the 10 day IL back dated to yesterday and get some rest from swinging the bat so hard

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Cora says Devers might return Saturday. Why, what for, to jerk his shoulder around again, then miss two more ? Give him the 10 day IL back dated to yesterday and get some rest from swinging the bat so hard
    I agree, especially now with Dalbec back.

Dalbec found an alternative to the K zone. A DP .

Angels giving a lesson in how to turn the DP , 2 so far, but it's early

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by wyo-sox View Post
    I think he wanted to and Breslow told him no.
    I’ve never heard that.

Cora has been adamant that Rafaela is his CF since before Breslow was hired.

Although he’d probably put Rafaela at SS to give Hamilton a scheduled off day…

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Does it matter? Of course I want his injury to heal up well.... but it's not going to matter for the team for sure if he comes up now or 10 days from now. I can't watch this team and think it is just one poor defensive 3rd baseman, who will get hot with HR's a couple times a year then strike out a bunch, away from winning a bunch.
    Dear Mr. Henry,