Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/12 Angels come to Boston

4/12 Angels come to Boston

Houck vs Detmers.

Reid shutdown Boston bats in Anaheim last week, but Sox prevailed in the series. Looking for a recovery from the O's bashing.

Cool and damp weather again, not the best baseball weather . Makes the ball slick for pitchers and fielders. Look for a low scoring, maybe 2-1 result .

Sox have no RHB. I don't know how they can compete against competent LHP if Devers is out and Casas isn't mashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Sox have no RHB. I don't know how they can compete against competent LHP if Devers is out and Casas isn't mashing.
    No RHB ?? Does Breslow know this ? It was mentioned over the winter , did Craig not see the post on TalkSox ? Let's think for a second. 50% of Sox games are at Fenway with a short LF, so maybe a balanced R-L lineup might have some advantages. It is interesting that since Ted William's tenure started in 1939 some of the Sox best hitters have been LH'ed. Plenty of RH mashers to balance them though.

"Oh, Godfather, my line-up's weak -- I don't know what to do... wah-wah"

You can mash like a man!

OPS after 13 games

.713 RHB v RHP
    .663 LHB v RHP

.729 RHB v LHP
    .695 LHB v LHP

Our LHBs are hitting LHPs better than RHPs.
    Our RHBs are hitting both about the same, but LHPs better.

Overall:
    .679 v RHPs
    .710 v LHPs
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

O'Neill bats RH'd. Too bad he has gotten off to such a slow start.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    O'Neill is out, too?

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    O'Neill bats RH'd. Too bad he has gotten off to such a slow start.
    Did he take Duvallís spot, or JTís? It canít be both.🙈🤭

Deity
    Bobby D is back! Don’t know if it’s for Raffy, or Romy yet.

Deity
    Tiger made the cut for the 24th straight time at the Masters, a record--at 1 over par. Cut is projected at +4. I watched most of it. His drives were good, his irons were the worst I can remember, mostly because of the wind, which is close to the worst I've seen. On the 18th green players had to pause when the wind blew the sand out of the sandtrap and across the green. First time I've seen that because that particular trap is deep. His short game, which got him that +1, was excellent. He walked 23 holes today, and walking, yes, walking, is the weakest part of his game right now.

As for tonight and this game thread, I like all the comments already. Except for the rotation, this team gives every evidence it is disintegrating before our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Bobby D is back! Don’t know if it’s for Raffy, or Romy yet.
    Most likely Romy Gonzalez, if his wrist is sore and stiff. Can't hit with that one. Devers will need to wait his turn on the IL.

Ironic that one of the SS candidates gets hurt trying to make a play , as did Trevor . Maybe the curse of the Bogie.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Tiger made the cut for the 24th straight time at the Masters, a record--at 1 over par. Cut is projected at +4. I watched most of it. His drives were good, his irons were the worst I can remember, mostly because of the wind, which is close to the worst I've seen. On the 18th green players had to pause when the wind blew the sand out of the sandtrap and across the green. First time I've seen that because that particular trap is deep. His short game, which got him that +1, was excellent. He walked 23 holes today, and walking, yes, walking, is the weakest part of his game right now.

As for tonight and this game thread, I like all the comments already. Except for the rotation, this team gives every evidence it is disintegrating before our eyes.
    Coincidence that Bobby D survived the cut for what seems the 24th time .

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your main event of the evening. Introducing in the Red corner, hailing from various places around the globe, but now making their home in Boston Mass, wearing the Red Sox, with a record of seven wins, four big wins coming by way of knockout, and just six losses, the former champions of the world, the Boston Red Sox.
    Old school is good school.

Any reason why the Sox batting lineup is not out yet? We're just one hour away from game time

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Coincidence that Bobby D survived the cut for what seems the 24th time .
    He's in much better shape than Woods. He just doesn't have much hand-eye coordination.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 04-12-2024 at 05:16 PM.