Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Here we go again Angels @ Red Sox

I wish we could face canning every game

I'm telling myself, "Don't get excited... until this team wins like 7 staight games... don't get excited."
    Last edited by wyo-sox; 04-13-2024 at 03:39 PM.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I wish we could face canning every game
    Fortunately, the SOX won't see Detmers anymore this season.

Based on the SOX lack of depth, Story's WAR s/b about 10.

I suspect being an Angels fan feels much like being a Red Sox fan.
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo-sox View Post

The Angels have one championship(2002) in their 63 years, so it might be worse being an Angels' fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    The Angels have one championship(2002) in their 63 years, so it might be worse being an Angels' fan.
    I was just saying how the teams are put together for this year and market expectations.
    Dear Mr. Henry,

Nice start for Abreu

Deity
    It’s certainly more expensive…

Quote Originally Posted by wyo-sox View Post
    There actually are a lot of comparisons, especially after Ohtani's move up to the MLB with Dodgers Both teams are deficient in many ways, but getting younger, and cheaper. Headlined by one major star, although Detmers gives them an edge on the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    It’s certainly more expensive…
    Well, Angels' fans pay to see Trout. Similar to carnivals when paying customers went to see the bearded lady.

Abreu could become a bright spot if he can keep hitting. Amazing how more effective Yoshi is when he hits like I tell him to. Slash to left field. Now you normally don't look for your DH to be a singles hitter at $18Mill. but at least he is on base and picked up a rbi.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    There actually are a lot of comparisons, especially after Ohtani's move up to the MLB with Dodgers Both teams are deficient in many ways, but getting younger, and cheaper. Headlined by one major star, although Detmers gives them an edge on the mound.

And one major difference - that being the Angels have a weak farm system and are notorious for their mistreatment of players in it…

Deity
    Well, Angels' fans pay to see Trout. Similar to carnivals when paying customers went to see the bearded lady.
    See him do what? Heal? Recuperate? Start his PT program?

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Abreu could become a bright spot if he can keep hitting. Amazing how more effective Yoshi is when he hits like I tell him to. Slash to left field. Now you normally don't look for your DH to be a singles hitter at $18Mill. but at least he is on base and picked up a rbi.
    I hope you're right, but I believe the SOX own Canning. They just like what he throws.