Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 4/13 Here we go again Angels @ Red Sox

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    4pm Saturday meant most people were probably off doing something else.
    What else is there? When you're a Sox fan, you plan your Saturdays--and other days--around when they play. I mean, they only played 162 games in a season.

Deity
    Today's game is a real test, much like Friday. Anderson, another lefty, is tough. And we have opening day starter, Bello, going for us.

The other score worth keeping is attendance. In 5 home games: 36K, 27K, 26K, 26K, and 31K = 29K average.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 04-14-2024 at 09:47 AM.

I'm impressed you guys still do game day threads.

Quote Originally Posted by dannycater View Post
    I'm impressed you guys still do game day threads.
    Much of what goes on here is not about devotion to the team but a form of cathartic psychotherapy. Mostly for older guys with too much time on their hands.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Much of what goes on here is not about devotion to the team but a form of cathartic psychotherapy. Mostly for older guys with too much time on their hands.
    Well I'm on the Bruins chatboard. I used to be on the old Globe canland chatboard that existed in the late 1990s during Jimy time. I was die-hard...and I accentuate was...I can't watch this product anymore, can't accept the way since 2018 (went to game 5 WS clincher...great thrill) the organization just said that's it Sox fans...that's all we can give you. We have to go back to pre-Yaz mediocrity because well we have a soccer team and other things to worry about. I'm old too (still work) and I try to follow the Sox from time to time, but jeez I'll take Verdugo, JD, Renfroe, Sale even over this product. Makes me sick to see that lineup on April 14. sad. I will always enjoy the WS titles, but this is tough to swallow.

Well I'm on the Bruins chatboard. I used to be on the old Globe canland chatboard that existed in the late 1990s during Jimy time. I was die-hard...and I accentuate was...I can't watch this product anymore, can't accept the way since 2018 (went to game 5 WS clincher...great thrill) the organization just said that's it Sox fans...that's all we can give you. We have to go back to pre-Yaz mediocrity because well we have a soccer team and other things to worry about. I'm old too (still work) and I try to follow the Sox from time to time, but jeez I'll take Verdugo, JD, Renfroe, Sale even over this product. Makes me sick to see that lineup on April 14. sad.
    Yeah, it sucks. I think this franchise will turn it around but it's gonna take way too long. 2019 was a bad year in John Henry's head. He thought he could trade Betts and go Tampa Bay North and he would thereby prove he was the biggest genius in baseball. He was incredibly wrong.

Speaking of Betts, I watched last night's Dodgers game, and the guy might be better than ever.

Speaking of Betts, I watched last night's Dodgers game, and the guy might be better than ever.
    Betts is worth the price of admission (expensive) for MLB...does something every game that shows he is a superstar...to think the Sox didn't think he was worth the large contract...incredible....all the money spent on even Story..ugh.

Remember a few posters said his body type does ""not age well?"
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

The crowd looked considerably smaller than the announced attendance. Maybe a lot of ticket holders were no shows ?
    Old school is good school.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Nice to see Abreu & Yoshi get over .600 and Casas with a dinger.

McGuire keeps hitting well. Rafaela getting on base twice is nice, and hopefully a sign of a turnaround, but we are hoping for miracles, now.
    How do you like NOshida now? You keep saying you want to see more of Abreu, so outside of making a good catch the other day you must like to watch him kick the ball around in the OF.冷

Well I'm on the Bruins chatboard. I used to be on the old Globe canland chatboard that existed in the late 1990s during Jimy time. I was die-hard...and I accentuate was...I can't watch this product anymore, can't accept the way since 2018 (went to game 5 WS clincher...great thrill) the organization just said that's it Sox fans...that's all we can give you. We have to go back to pre-Yaz mediocrity because well we have a soccer team and other things to worry about. I'm old too (still work) and I try to follow the Sox from time to time, but jeez I'll take Verdugo, JD, Renfroe, Sale even over this product. Makes me sick to see that lineup on April 14. sad. I will always enjoy the WS titles, but this is tough to swallow.
    Well said.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

He, most importantly, is carrying the Burgundy Ballers, my fantasy team.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.