Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/14 Angels @ SOX 1:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Just glad you stepped in with a worthy relief effort. It's tough because you never know if you're going to step on the toes of those much sharper about baseball than us.
    Just call me R-O-L-A-I-D-S.

According to OB, weren't we supposed to wait a month for good carry?

Btw, if anyone's interested, tomorrow's game begins at 11:00 AM EST.

O'Neill is a power hitter for sure . Pretty good OPS at 1.209. Yet many on the board are waiting for the injury bug to strike. Hope it misses Tyler O.
    Casas just jumped to .853 with that dinger!
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

When Dalbec walked, did he have to introduce himself to the 1B coach ? When Yoshide half swung into into a foul pop out, did he have thoughts of the Bullet train passing by Fujiyama?

When Dalbec walked, did he have to introduce himself to the 1B coach ? When Yoshide half swung into into a foul pop out, did he have thoughts of the Bullet train passing by Fujiyama?
    OBP often does not translate from the minors to majors: see Cecchini (.357 to .325) and Alex Hassan (.387 AAA to .222 in a small ML sample size.)

Dalbec .365 to .292

Is anyone else less than impressed with Bello , as a prospect for the #1 pitching slot in the Sox future.

Maybe the heat of summer , when it happens, will perk him up, but I think he's a middle rotation prospect/suspect. Guaranteed to be around for awhile , so I hope he can get more dominating

Is anyone else less than impressed with Bello , as a prospect for the #1 pitching slot in the Sox future.

Maybe the heat of summer , when it happens, will perk him up, but I think he's a middle rotation prospect/suspect. Guaranteed to be around for awhile , so I hope he can get more dominating
    Last year, or this year, I have not seen anything that separated him from the pack of the other Sox pitchers. He's done good- but not screamed to me that he is the guy to extend.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

I just noticed that Ward has 1 HR with 10 RBI, while O'Neil has 7 HR's with 8 RBI. Thought that was interesting.

69 pitches in 3 IP

He did start rather slowly, last spring.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    I just noticed that Ward has 1 HR with 10 RBI, while O'Neil has 7 HR's with 8 RBI. Thought that was interesting.
    O'Neill has had 24 PAs with men on base, but was walked 5 times, so he basically has 4 hits in 19 ABs (.211)

Ward has 26 PAs with men on base, but just 1 BB. His BA is .462 w 3 Hrs and a 2B. He's hitting .429 with RISP (15 PAs.)

Our best BA with men on
    .421 Duran (20 PA)z
    .375 Wong (8)
    .357 McGuire (14)
    .333 Abreu (9)
    .320 Yoshida (28)
    .308 Story (15)

RISP
    .667 Wong (3)
    .600 Abreu (5)
    .600 Duran (11)
    .375 Rafaela (11)
    .364 Yoshida (13)
    .333 Story (11)
    .300 McGuire (10)
    Last edited by moonslav59; 04-14-2024 at 01:36 PM.

Sad that the SOX current best all around player is injury prone, while the SOX worst player is healthy as a horse.

Bello 2023:

6.27 after 3 GS
    5.71 after 4 GS

3.22 next 18 GS
    7.04 ERA last 6 GS
    (4.06 after first 4 GS)

Economical inning for Bello.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    69 pitches in 3 IP

He did start rather slowly, last spring.
    Now at 77 through 4, looks like a another 5 inning start job, unless AC let's begin the 6th and see how far he can go. And this against a lineup that is not playoff caliber.