Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 130 of 130

Thread: 4/14 Angels @ SOX 1:30 PM

  1. #121
    Moon, The " worried yourself sick "was in reference to the 2018 Series. I thought that was clear. And it was not my " quack" diagnosis. It was based on your posts , your own words , at the time. Anyway, I am not interested in participating in yet another of your never ending feuds. Have a nice night and feel free to put me unto ignore if you like. I won't be offended.
    Last edited by dgalehouse; 04-14-2024 at 09:33 PM.
    Old school is good school.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    I love rationalizing current weak performances by citing lifetime career stats of guys who compiled most of those stats in their previous decade of pitching or hitting. Jansen is best utilized in April/May/ June/July 2024 by getting some value for him, even if they eat half his deal.

    Kenl;ey's stats this year bely his actual current abilities. He is on proverbial thin ice every time out there. He just hasn't had it fully blow up on him yet.
    Vegas, Father Time has a WHIP of 0.00. He catches up with all of us. Jansen is no exception.
    Old school is good school.

  3. #123
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    81,689
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Moon, The " worried yourself sick "was in reference to the 2018 Series. I thought that was clear. And it was not my " quack" diagnosis. It was based on your posts , your own words , at the time. Anyway, I am not interested in participating in yet another of your never ending feuds. Have a nice night and feel free to put me unto ignore if you like. I won't be offended.
    I never said I was worried sick. I was worried, yes, as many Sox fans were.

    If you honestly think Jansen did not create drama during that WS, I think you have a very different idea of what the word drame means.

    Keep believing what you want about others. I won't be offended. It's your problem, not mine.

    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

  4. #124
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    81,689
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    I love rationalizing current weak performances by citing lifetime career stats of guys who compiled most of those stats in their previous decade of pitching or hitting. Jansen is best utilized in April/May/ June/July 2024 by getting some value for him, even if they eat half his deal.

    Kenley's stats this year don't reveal his actual current abilities. He is on proverbial thin ice every time out there. He just hasn't had it fully blow up on him yet.
    ..and when I cite stats to back my position, my "posts are too long," and "Oofah."

    Jansen is not the same guy he has been over his great career. I'm glad he keeps getting that final out way more often than not, but I find it hard to think anyone thinks he doesn't create drama, often.

    Kimbrel did at the end of 2018 and through most of those playoffs. To say he didn't just because maybe one guy is so calm and collected, nothing phases him (see I can play that game, too.) does not mean it did not happen.

    We could go game by game, but all we'd get for a response is "oofah!"
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

  5. #125
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    81,689
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Vegas, Father Time has a WHIP of 0.00. He catches up with all of us. Jansen is no exception.
    Flip-flop.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I never said I was worried sick. I was worried, yes, as many Sox fans were.

    If you honestly think Jansen did not create drama during that WS, I think you have a very different idea of what the word drame means.

    Keep believing what you want about others. I won't be offended. It's your problem, not mine.

    You said you had to check into the hospital because your stomach was torn up from the stress. I remember that. I don't know if it was true, but I know you did post it. Anyway, I am done with this. It's not nearly as important to me as it seems to be to you. Go feud with someone else.
    Old school is good school.

  7. #127
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    81,689
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    You said you had to check into the hospital because your stomach was torn up from the stress. I remember that. I don't know if it was true, but I know you did post it. Anyway, I am done with this. It's not nearly as important to me as it seems to be to you. Go feud with someone else.
    More lies.

    Spew and then play passive aggressive. Typical.

    Like a feud is one-sided.
    Last edited by moonslav59; 04-14-2024 at 11:08 PM.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

  8. #128
    Deity
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    11,807
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    More lies.

    Spew and then play passive aggressive. Typical.

    Like a feud is one-sided.
    Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. The NOT so great Oz has spoken.

  9. #129
    To at least this poster, Craig Kimbrel wasn't drama in the 2018 postseason -- he was trauma.

    And I'm not even thinking about the World Series, because Kimbrel's pitching in the AL playoffs was so erratic, the Red Sox were fortunate to win the LDS and LCS -- and even get to the finals.

    Both the Yankees and Astros came within inches of beating Kimbrel and tying their Series, with their next games at home. The outcomes of either round could've definitely swung, and the greatest Red Sox team of all-time would be known today as just another almost.

    Anyone can look up the play-by-plays of those Kimbrel late-innings and relive the walks, wild pitches and hit by pitches. I don't have to, because I can't forget the close calls when he had to groove it and NY and Houston nearly walked him off: long fly outs by Sanchez and McCann almost got out, and dramatic plays by Nunez, Pearce, Betts and Benintendi saved the day.

  10. #130
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    81,689
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    To at least this poster, Craig Kimbrel wasn't drama in the 2018 postseason -- he was trauma.

    And I'm not even thinking about the World Series, because Kimbrel's pitching in the AL playoffs was so erratic, the Red Sox were fortunate to win the LDS and LCS -- and even get to the finals.

    Both the Yankees and Astros came within inches of beating Kimbrel and tying their Series, with their next games at home. The outcomes of either round could've definitely swung, and the greatest Red Sox team of all-time would be known today as just another almost.

    Anyone can look up the play-by-plays of those Kimbrel late-innings and relive the walks, wild pitches and hit by pitches. I don't have to, because I can't forget the close calls when he had to groove it and NY and Houston nearly walked him off: long fly outs by Sanchez and McCann almost got out, and dramatic plays by Nunez, Pearce, Betts and Benintendi saved the day.
    No doubt.

    I guess alternative facts are the way of the day.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •