Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 207

Thread: 4/16 Cleveland at Boston

  1. #1
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    81,692

    4/16 Cleveland at Boston

    6 lefties at the top of the line-up.

    L Duran LF
    L Devers 3B
    L Yoshida DH
    L Casas 1B
    L Abreu RF
    L Valdez 2B
    R Wong C
    L DHam SS
    R Rafaela CF
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

  2. #2
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    81,692
    How about this rotation, to date?

    MLB Team Leaders :SP
    ERA
    1.92 BOS
    2.29 KCR
    2.95 PHI
    3.12 NYY

    ERA- (BAbip)
    46 BOS (.274)
    56 KCR (.269)
    69 PHI (.255)
    81 NYY (.284)

    FIP
    2.98 KCR
    3.20 BOS
    3.39 CHC
    3.52 PHI

    WHIP
    1.04 KCR
    1.07 BOS
    1.08 PHI

    0.42 Crawford (21.1 IP)
    0.82 Pivetta (11.0 IP, injured) + 4.50 Criswell (4 IP)
    1.26 Whitlock (14.1)
    2.04 Houck (17.2)
    3.92 Bello (20.2)
    ___________________

    Our OPS numbers in order of most PAs, this year:

    .745 Duran (.831 last 2 weeks)
    .806 Casas (1.024 last 7 days)
    .630 Yoshida
    1.208 O'Neill
    .474 Rafaela
    .701 Devers (.961 last 2 weeks)
    .384 Valdez
    .784 McGuire
    .617 Story (IL) .864 last 2 weeks
    .445 Reyes
    .599 Abreu (.929 last 7 days)
    .814 Wong (.917 last 7 days)
    .568 DHam
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

  3. #3
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    67,178
    You can’t just make a second thread. WTH?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

  4. #4
    Deity
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    21,945
    Hamilton in at SS. That should work.....NOT

  5. #5
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    81,692
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Hamilton in at SS. That should work.....NOT
    The gift of the JBJ trade just keeps giving and giving...
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    How about this rotation, to date?

    MLB Team Leaders :SP
    ERA
    1.92 BOS
    2.29 KCR
    2.95 PHI
    3.12 NYY

    ERA- (BAbip)
    46 BOS (.274)
    56 KCR (.269)
    69 PHI (.255)
    81 NYY (.284)

    FIP
    2.98 KCR
    3.20 BOS
    3.39 CHC
    3.52 PHI

    WHIP
    1.04 KCR
    1.07 BOS
    1.08 PHI

    0.42 Crawford (21.1 IP)
    0.82 Pivetta (11.0 IP, injured) + 4.50 Criswell (4 IP)
    1.26 Whitlock (14.1)
    2.04 Houck (17.2)
    3.92 Bello (20.2)
    ___________________

    Our OPS numbers in order of most PAs, this year:

    .745 Duran (.831 last 2 weeks)
    .806 Casas (1.024 last 7 days)
    .630 Yoshida
    1.208 O'Neill
    .474 Rafaela
    .701 Devers (.961 last 2 weeks)
    .384 Valdez
    .784 McGuire
    .617 Story (IL) .864 last 2 weeks
    .445 Reyes
    .599 Abreu (.929 last 7 days)
    .814 Wong (.917 last 7 days)
    .568 DHam
    Having a FIP that much higher than the ERA usually means most of the SOX starters have been lucky. At least that's my understanding of FIP.
    That being said, a 1.92 ERA is still damn impressive.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 04-16-2024 at 05:56 PM.

  7. #7
    Re-watching that collision from yesterday begs the question should the SOX players where their helmets on defense?

  8. #8
    I hope those kids don't cause any injuries to the SOX players.

  9. #9
    Pitchers have been all hitting their upside. How long can that last? Who knows. Too bad the defense or bats weren't a little more consistent behind them. Nice start by Whitlock.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

  10. #10
    Did NESN lose all their sponsors?

  11. #11
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    81,692
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Having a FIP that much higher than the ERA usually means most of the SOX starters have been lucky. At least that's my understanding of FIP.
    That being said, a 1.92 ERA is still damn impressive.
    FIP is all about Ks, BBs and HRs, or things that are Fielding Independent.

    I think we all know our fielders hurt our pitchers.

    Look at our BAbip Against vs the other leaders.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

  12. #12
    Deity
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    20,551
    Getting exposed against good competition.

  13. #13
    That was one of the dumbest base running plays Iíve ever seen.

  14. #14
    Casas... what in the world???
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

  15. #15
    Deity
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    20,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    That was one of the dumbest base running plays Iíve ever seen.
    This team is doing a lot of dumb stuff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •