Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/19 @ Buccos

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    More good news. Putting Story on the 60 day IL made room on the 40 man roster for Vlad Gutierrez. Vlad, a RH starting pitcher, has already been DFA'd by Miami during ST and just recently DFA'd by the Brewers. He was obtained for cash considerations to the Brewers. He will begin his SOX journey at WOO.
    Almost forgot, Jacques, a fan favorite here, was sent back to WOO. Or as Elvis once made popular, RETURN TO SENDER.
    For those who firmly believe the SOX organization doesn't care how the SOX perform this season, well here's proof that contradicts that.

In keeping with the humor of this game thread, here's the SOX starting lineup:

Duran
    Abreu(LF)
    Refsnyder(RF) (not to be confused with Duke Snider)
    Casas
    Wong
    Masa
    Dalbec
    Valdez
    Rafaela

Duran, Casas, Wong and 6 ways of wrong.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 04-19-2024 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Like I said yesterday, I will be at all 3 games. Last row of the lower level, directly behind home plate! Go Sox AND Buccos
    Good score! Enjoy it.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

The day Dalbec gets a hit will be so exciting.
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

The long ball.... nice start
    Dear Mr. Henry,

Thunder thumpers and the Sox future in Abreu and Casas going long gone. Great to stake Bello to a lead. Need to see Brayan perform well now. Amazing that the Sox cannot play well in Fenway but love the road, it seems (so far)

Devers says when he feels 100%, then he'll play again. On the one hand , he is correct in getting his knee and shoulder ailments rehabbed.

During the interim, he is of little use because he apparently isn't even a PH candidate . But he was ok to knock out the only other significant RH batt , who is on the concussion DL.

Dalbec does something.... phew thanks Yoshida ensured it was almost pointless.
    Dear Mr. Henry,

Quote Originally Posted by wyo-sox View Post
    Dalbec does something.... phew thanks Yoshida ensured it was almost pointless.
    Did the 3B coach send him ? If so that was his first mistake. Yoshi slowed between 1`st and 2nd for a moment in case the ball was caught. Yoshi is not that quick.

Anyway, thrilled for Dalbec, as he eludes the dreaded DFA for another day, and gets his hitting shoes polished.

Abreu quietly nearing the .700 mark.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Beat the PGH Pirates.

Big PGH on chest and cap -- three letters, all part of the same word? Or do are they pronounced PuGaaH?

Or are they initials for something else?

Pit Gold Hats... Pit Glad Hands... Pit Gear Heads... Pit Ground Hogs

Ref X 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Your Red Sox Number Three batter Rob Refsnyder bats with a runner on base and goes deep in PuGaaH!

PGH has one fan doing a lot of work for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Assuming Refsnyder will be on board , at least to late July, the OF will be crowded when O'Neil gets off his 7 day IL, and feels stable. Who will benefit most from a a few months in Worcester ? Cedanne helps himself by playing short, still problematic with the bat. Abreu has power, may be making some consistency progress . Duran is locked in place. This is a tough one to sort out because Ref is limited in his role as a true bench/PH only vs LH'ers. O'Neill will stay until trade deadline, or longer based on recent year history at the deadline

Dalbec's pending DFA can only cover one slot, leaving Reyes as the 3Bman behind Devers who may have physical problems for awhile.