Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4/24 SOX @ Cleveland 6:10PM ET

Criswell getting away with tossing 85 mph meatballs. He's pitching to the cold weather but that trick may not work very long.

Triple A
    If not for 40 degree weather the Sox would be down 4-1 on this one.

Wong goes long! Another solo. So long.

Triple A
    And then Wong (the little guy) hits one out

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Wong goes long! Another solo. So long.
    During the middle of the 8th inning at Fenway the song SWEET CAROLINE will be replaced by OH SOLO MIO.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 04-24-2024 at 05:41 PM.

Kwan has had a kwantity of hits so far this season. I believe he leads the league.

Chris Martin should be well rested to come in later in this game. Just trying to get to that point is the challenge

5 inning shutout by Criswell ? Take your wins when they are presented to you . At 1-7 vs O's and Guardians , it is time to show up against better teams

I don't usually worry about umpire calls. They're human. They make mistakes. But holy sh*t, the K to Valdez was a foot out of the strike zone and almost bounced in. Do umps get that badly fooled? I wonder if that's why some (I forget the name of one of them) wait a half second before making the call? I'd really like to hear from those who have actually called balls & strikes. I did a couple of times, and I have to say it was one of the worst days I've ever spent on an athletic field.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

If loving Wong is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

If Duran wants to see why he is slumping, just watch a little video, Jarren. You have lost your sense of the strike zone, have become jumpy and are chasing shit pitches. Really need him on track at the top of the lineup

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    If loving Wong is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
    It’s wrong. You’re not right…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    I don't usually worry about umpire calls. They're human. They make mistakes. But holy sh*t, the K to Valdez was a foot out of the strike zone and almost bounced in. Do umps get that badly fooled? I wonder if that's why some (I forget the name of one of them) wait a half second before making the call? I'd really like to hear from those who have actually called balls & strikes. I did a couple of times, and I have to say it was one of the worst days I've ever spent on an athletic field.
    I didn’t like it. Did that ball touch any part of the invisible box that changed in size with every batter?

And I upped for Little Leaguers throwing 50mph and softball pitchers throwing 40-45mph (in some cases). I can’t even imagine firing it at 90-95mph. I’d probably just go by where the catchers glove is to make the call…
    Last edited by notin; 04-24-2024 at 07:27 PM.

Sox hitters led by Abreu, Wong and Devers getting their money's worth behind, once again, excellent/effective pitching . Good game to win, sets up the chance at a series win.

Great team win! Pitching continues to dominate despite all odds, and we have a decent looking lineup again!
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you