Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 4/24 SOX @ Cleveland 6:10PM ET

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Breslow and Bailey are pulling some rabbits out of their hats so far. They may need to pull a few more.
    Boston Red Sox: 2nd in the majors in Home Runs and 1st in ERA. Sean Connery upon meeting Pussy Galore -"I must be dreaming."

1st in ERA, 1st in FIP, 2nd in xFIP, 3rd in bb/9, 2nd in fWAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Hell yeah brother.

I'm just saying we should all live in the moment, but not count our chickens before they've hatched. Cooper Criswell is just Cooper Criswell after all. I wouldn't expect many 5 IP, 0 ER performances. I'll take what I can get though.
    At least you are consistent with your FIP useage, and don't go shopping for debbie downer stats just to be a contrarian.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Are the Red Sox good or just doing good? Am I well or just a little unwell?

There's no such thing as living in the moment, because if you are, then you just missed it reading this (I missed it, typing that).

April 25th isn't still early in April, and so far this season, the Red Sox are good. I'm living in the month.

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    At least you are consistent with your FIP useage, and don't go shopping for debbie downer stats just to be a contrarian.
    And his FIP is close to what it was in previous years. I'm not saying that Bailey hasn't figured something out, just that he's really a lower tier starter than we really want pitching the rest of the year.

If he came in and got blown out, but his FIP was lower, I'd note that too.
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Hell yeah brother.

I'm just saying we should all live in the moment, but not count our chickens before they've hatched. Cooper Criswell is just Cooper Criswell after all. I wouldn't expect many 5 IP, 0 ER performances. I'll take what I can get though.
    Way to bombard us with cliches. You’re such a paper tiger with feet of clay…

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Way to bombard us with cliches. You’re such a paper tiger with feet of clay…
    Sometimes my posts are much too difficult for you plebes to read, so I didn't want you to have to read between the lines. If you play your cards straight, some day you'll realize the grass isn't always greener.
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Hell yeah brother.

That is the exact point about this season--live in the moment(s)which so far have been way, way better than expected despite a plethora of injuries, errors, running into outs, etc.

The Guardians, at least for now, are one of the best teams in MLB. Their run differential, + 47, is the highest in MLB, and their team ERA is 4th best. They beat the Sox @ Fenway, 3 games to 1, but 2 of the losses were highly contested.

And now last night's win, which showed a distinct absence of Sox lousy hitting, lousy fielding, and lousy baserunning along the way to an 8-0 shutout. Today the Sox have a shot at winning this series because the lineup does look pretty decent, as does the fielding, and the pitching continues to amaze, especially now with 3/5 of the opening day rotation on the IL and other significant injuries.

With a win, the Sox would be 12-4 on the road and 3-7 at Fenway Park. Hmmmmm.

And his FIP is close to what it was in previous years. I'm not saying that Bailey hasn't figured something out, just that he's really a lower tier starter than we really want pitching the rest of the year.

If he came in and got blown out, but his FIP was lower, I'd note that too.
    Yes, I know that and respect it.

I'm not as high on FIP as you and others, but it does show value and trends. It's better than using BAbip to determine the luck factor.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?