Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4/30 SF Giants vs Red Hots @ Fenway 7:10 EDT

Sorry, but Cooper is Bobby D wearing a different number. Takes a cookie middle-middle, then chases low/inside. Talks to himself, like Casas does.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Sorry, but Cooper is Bobby D wearing a different number. Takes a cookie middle-middle, then chases low/inside. Talks to himself, like Casas does.
    Cooper is definitively better than Bobby Dalbec

I don't know what happens with the rest of the season... but thus far it has been borderline miraculous- the number of wins they are putting together. I was as upset as anyone with the off-season... but will admit it has been a fun team to watch so far.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

2 hit shutout by Criswell through 5 innings. Somebody is living right. Amazingly good performance

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh2 View Post
    Cooper is definitively better than Bobby Dalbec
    He has struck out every single time at bat for the Sox. Even Dalbec hasn't been that bad, maybe only 50%

Further, Cooper immediately gets injured in his first game , and sure enough Cora subs Dalbec. You cannot make this stuff up. Grissom sick and Cooper injured.
    Last edited by vegasbob; 04-30-2024 at 07:35 PM.

Uh oh!!!!!
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Coop hurt? Now he is a true Red Sox.

Triple A
    Cooper hurt! Bobby D lives again!

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Coop hurt? Now he is a true Red Sox.
    We are seeing the value of Chris Sale... you didn't realize how many team injuries he was absorbing.
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

Are we sure Cooper and Dalbec are 2 different players ?

Bobby gets on base, steals a base... he's gone beast mode!
    Dear Mr. Henry,

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Are we sure Cooper and Dalbec are 2 different players ?
    While I don't think they are the same player.... I will concede I have no idea what Dalbec is... to see someone become that totally lost at the plate is really weird to watch.
    Dear Mr. Henry,

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by wyo-sox View Post
    While I don't think they are the same player.... I will concede I have no idea what Dalbec is... to see someone become that totally lost at the plate is really weird to watch.
    Dalbec is the one who has struck out 55 times in his last 108 plate appearances. That’s over 50% of the time since 2022, folks…

Deity
    Maybe this team does have a chance to finish 3rd in the division. Rays and blue jays look terrible.

sox lead MLB in shutouts with 6 ? Great work Andrew Bailey and the pitchers too.

I do think Valdez, who we complain about, may have saved Slaten some trouble with that snag in the 9th.