Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 4/30 SF Giants vs Red Hots @ Fenway 7:10 EDT

Quote Originally Posted by ****THEYANKEES View Post
    yes, astounding. the only conclusion that i can come to is that Andrew Bailey is some sort of pitching magician.
    That may be true, but Houck, Crawford, Bello, Pivetta, Whitlock, Wink and Bernardino all showed some pretty long stretches (some pitchers 2-3 of them) before he got here.

Slaten was highly regarded before we traded for him.

I do think he has helped, a lot.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    TC always sounds like he is at the bottom of a 50' silo . That was a great inning by Criswell and didn't need explanation by O'B
    Would have been nice to see on a normal sized screen though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Criswell now has a 3.35 FIP, which is still way higher than his 1.65 ERA, but it is going down.

Again, his sample size is very small. Here is a breakdown of some tiny sample sizes:
    ERA/FIP

2021+2022 combined
    7.71/2.06 (just 4.2 IP)

2023:
    7.94/5.99 First 3 games of season (11.1 IP)
    2.70/3.80 (16.2 IP in middle of season)
    10.80/9.06 Last 2 games (5IP)

2024:
    1.65/3.35 (16.1 IP)

Career:
    4.67/4.46 (significantly affected by the two vert tiny sample sizes of a and 3 games at the start and end to the 2023 season.)

Of course, all pitchers would see their numbers greatly improve by removing their orst stretches, but it seems to me, the outlier might be those two tiny sample sizes, and maybe this guy might be pretty good.

"MIGHT." I'm not predicting greatness, but I think the door is still open for him to show he's pretty damn good.

Yes, his minor league numbers seem to point to the opposite (4.33 ERA in minors.)

Maybe Bailey worked some voodoo magic on him, but he's looked pretty good, to me.

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Sorry, but Cooper is Bobby D wearing a different number. Takes a cookie middle-middle, then chases low/inside. Talks to himself, like Casas does.
    So you're saying after 2 at bats that Kooper is the same as DalbeK? I'd like to give the guy maybe a few more at bats, but it's good to know that if he fails, there's always Bobby to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    So you're saying after 2 at bats that Kooper is the same as DalbeK? I'd like to give the guy maybe a few more at bats, but it's good to know that if he fails, there's always Bobby to replace him.
    It's easier to root for "Bobby DEE" even if he's not playing good D...

... rather than cheering "Garrett C!" -- that could be a Yankee name.