Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5/11 Nats @ SOX 4:10PM ET

Having watched both the BRUINS game and the SOX game last night, I was exposed to a double shitter. Not to be confused with a double header. Although one does go to the head to shite.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    The 17 run laugher vs the Cubs distorts the stats a little. I think there is some recognition of that in updates to yesterday's thread.
    Other teams scored a lot of runs in one game, too. Most not 17 or more, but take away everyone's top game, and it doesn't change things much.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Flyball HR to a .167 hitter . O'B obliges by telling us only in Fenway and Minutemaid. This strategy of playing from behind gets old.

Criswell with another nice start.

It's starting to look like this might not be smoke & mirrors.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Criswell has been a very pleasant surprise, so far.

DEVERS DEliVERS! Finally.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Other teams scored a lot of runs in one game, too. Most not 17 or more, but take away everyone's top game, and it doesn't change things much.
    1. It's still early in the season, so those 17 runs make a big difference.
    2. Few teams give up 6 runs in the 9th with a non-pitcher on the mound.
    3. Dodgers lead MLB in runs and their most runs in one game is 12. Rangers are 2d and have scored 15 twice. Astros, on the other hand, are ranked 14th, right ahead of the Sox, and their biggest game so far is 10 runs. Cincy, ranked 16th in runs scored, has scored 11 runs in their best game.
    4. So 17 is unusual, especially for a lousy hitting/scoring team like the Sox--and therefore has them ranked higher than they should be. And I say this in the context that the previous worst for the Sox was ranked 18th in runs scored. My claim is that this Sox team is the worst hitting Sox team in a quarter century--or longer.

31-8 all-time in the City Connect yellow jerseys!

According to iconoclasts, today's win would only be a W in two other uniforms: Fredericks of Hollywood camisoles and the assorted costumes of icons from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Deity
    I consider this a big win, both because it counters some of the negativism which I'm been expressing and because it puts the Sox back above .500. Given the Sox lousy defense and hitting, being 1 game above .500 is remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    31-8 all-time in the City Connect yellow jerseys!

According to iconoclasts, today's win would only be a W in two other uniforms: Fredericks of Hollywood camisoles and the assorted costumes of icons from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
    How about Dennis Rodman's wedding dress and feather boa? (or does F's of Hollywood cover that).
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Wasn't able to watch the whole game but very glad to see the outcome. Even better, if I'm going to rag on Devers for failing at key points , I have to credit him bigly for a key hit to drive in 2 for the win. Swing the bat, guys. You may hit something.

Sort of a critical win behind outstanding pitching once again.

Deity
    Celtics get back on the winning track last night, and the Bruins try to stay out of the ruins tonight. Good to see that the Red Sox, and Raffy explode for 4 runs, and keep above the 500 mark.