Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/14 Tampa @ Boston 7:10 pm

Dom Smith, he of little talent, shows what can happen when you do swing the bat and gets Boston the lead at 2-1, followed by Grissom who watches strike 3 slide by with Smith waiting to score from 2nd base

Deity
    Up until Smith's very timely double, I was convinced the Sox were once again going to screw their own starter--this time Pivetta--who, except for the solo dinger in the 1st, has pitched beautifully tonight.

No shutout for the Bruins, so they may actually have to play a little better. Outscored by Florida 15-2 in 2nd/3rd periods

Deity
    Bruins are offensively challenged just like this red sox team.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Up until Smith's very timely double, I was convinced the Sox were once again going to screw their own starter--this time Pivetta--who, except for the solo dinger in the 1st, has pitched beautifully tonight.
    Yes, Nick was sharp in the 5th inning, as was Mcguire's throw out of the runner attempting grand theft.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Bruins are offensively challenged just like this red sox team.
    Worst stick handling, passing, organized zone entries I have seen in a long time. defensemen frequently caught up in their own feet by the goal.

Deity
    Before this season I kind of believed in CERA's. Then this year I saw McGuire's was better than Wong's, so attacked CERA's. But tonight Pivetta, on his 2d start after being out a month, has looked very sharp, and I'm beginning to wonder if maybe McGuire isn't just a tad better with the pitchers. On the other hand, last time out Pivetta barely acknowledged he had that big curve, and tonight he is using it. Plus his command has been excellent, which it wasn't last time.

Apropos of nothing, I hate that MLB commercials are now pushing betting, which to me does more harm than cigarettes or hard liquor. Shame on them. Shame on the Sox.

Deity
    Well they just scored but they need to keep the pressure. They get stagnant.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Worst stick handling, passing, organized zone entries I have seen in a long time. defensemen frequently caught up in their own feet by the goal.
    That about sums up the Sox, but what about the Bruins?

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Well they just scored but they need to keep the pressure. They get stagnant.
    Bruins or Sox, similar approaches to offense. Nice HR by Cedanne. Had the Bruins 2nd goal ben overturned for interference, it's a good thing the game is in FL

Deity
    That was rank stupidity by both McGuire and Slaten--back to back cutters in the freaking dead center of the strike zone. They were begging for a double or dinger.

Tied game.

Now guys on 1st and 2d. Still 2 outs, which Pivetta got.

Deity
    Sox 3d, 4th, and 5th hitters in the lineup all K in the 6th. Welcome back to reality, guys.

Deity
    Slaten looked much, much better in the 7th. Good stuff, hit his spots.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    So you are saying there is a chance that Nick Pivetta can reverse his karma and get these guys out ?

Instead watch out for Action Jackson the .059/.223 catcher hitting 9th. Arozarena is not statting well himself at .159/.586
    Watch out for that Arozarena guy, Nick . OOPs, too late. Slaten puts a little lighter fluid on the charcoal just to warm things up.

Deity
    Tie game. Time for the Sox to find some guts.

Not Grissom, of course. He's still back in AAA when he was a star.