Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grissom Watch

The old saying is you can never have enough pitching. And that includes guys who have question marks about health and durability. The more the merrier. If Sale had gotten injured again, well, it would have cost them an extra $10 million. This was cheapskate bullshit through and through.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I'm not really even blaming Breslow for the trade. I think it had a lot to do with the budget they handed him. It was a way to cut $10 million.

I think this is another one on FSG.
    Yea, but who would you rather had. Sale, or Gio, or both? Wasn’t Gio signed before Sale was traded, so they actually didn’t save $10M when you add it all up.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Not true no one has written him off. Go back and re-read this thread, starting at post #3.

I’ve repeatedly said this deal isn’t working out, but it did make sense at the time. In fact, that’s all I’ve ever offered on this trade since the season began. Like a lot of people, this deal looked better to me in the off-season when Sale making 8 starts was far from a sure thing.

Also Sale’s past was definitely a factor. His 2024 season hadn’t happened yet. It was what they were selling, and why they had to pay.

You’re so desperate to tell people they’re wrong that you just ignore it when they agree with you..
    Never wrong, or never right? We know which category you fall in.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Saying " The future looks bright" wears pretty thin after a while.
    The future did not look bright in 2020, and some saw this coming before that season.

It did look bright in 2021, as it looked like we were getting better, and the farm[ was steadily improving, if slowly.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

The old saying is you can never have enough pitching. And that includes guys who have question marks about health and durability. The more the merrier. If Sale had gotten injured again, well, it would have cost them an extra $10 million. This was cheapskate bullshit through and through.
    it's been cheapskate bullshit since they fired DD. fuck Henry.

I'm not really even blaming Breslow for the trade. I think it had a lot to do with the budget they handed him. It was a way to cut $10 million.

I think this is another one on FSG.
    While true, there were other ways to cut $10M, and even more.

To me, this is way to early to be having a strong opinion of the results of the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

To me, this is way to early to be having a strong opinion of the results of the trade.
    while it is true Grissom " may' get better this is not a win in the trade for the Sox given that they are on the hook for 17 million

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Red Sox View Post
    while it is true Grissom " may' get better this is not a win in the trade for the Sox given that they are on the hook for 17 million
    You're calling the trade grade over, already. Noted.

Deity
    You're calling the trade grade over, already. Noted.
    You’d be doing the same thing if things were the other way around. Truly noted!

Deity

It was way too early to get all giddy over O’Neill too. It works both ways.

Seems to me you had a strong opinion of the JBJ trade pretty quickly.

And on the other thread you're constantly handing out grades for performances for the season to date.

It really does seem you have one set of rules for yourself and one set for others.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity

And on the other thread you're constantly handing out grades for performances for the season to date.

It really does seem you have one set of rules for yourself and one set for others.
    👍👍👍!

i think he works for JH. he claimed the JBJ trade was a "head-scratcher", when the fact is, it was a "fucking disaster".

Deity
    Given Sale’s past 4 years, this trade looked like it was going to boil down to one of two options.

1. Pay Sale $27mill to not pitch or pitch very little.
    2. Pay Sale $17mill to not pitch or pitch very little elsewhere in exchange for a prospect that Breslow liked.

The past four years we called him “Chris Frail” and described him by saying “you can’t count on Sale.” Are you sure he was really viewed as a reliable source of pitching?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Red Sox View Post
    Well, I wouldn’t go that far. Sale’s last 4 years have shown us that pitching is not always what defines his season…