Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Mets reportedly sign beltran

Mets reportedly sign beltran

Met sources: 'We got Beltran'
    January 5, 2005 - Two separate sources within the Mets organization are telling New York Fan Sites that the team and prized free agent Carlos Beltran has reached agreement on a seven-year, $112 million contract to bring the All-Star to Flushing. The team would not confirm this report and NYFS could not get independent verification.

Re: Mets reportedly sign beltran

I was hearing that they'd need to spend $120 mil to get him away from Houston, but good for them I guess. They're going all out trying to win (but spending too much money in the process). at least one New York team shows its fans that they know how to win, right?

Super Moderator

Where's the official link? I won't really believe it until I see it on ESPN.

Dont believe it yet.

Double A

Mets to sign Beltran?

According to this website Carlos Beltran will accept a 7 year, $112 million dollar offer to join Pedro Martinez on the Mets.

http://mets.nyfansites.com/
    2004 World Champions

Re: Mets to sign Beltran?

I don't necessarily trust a forum (no offense to you guys ). I'll wait until I see it on a more reliable source until I start praising the Mets.
    I have no sig. Sue me.

I think this is true, don't see it turning out false.

We've all seen it happen before...
    I have no sig. Sue me.

Yeah, but i really think this is going to happen. I don't know why.

I wouldn't bet against it, I just always have reservations until I see some trustworthy confirmation.
    I have no sig. Sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gertie
    I wouldn't bet against it, I just always have reservations until I see some trustworthy confirmation.
    I'm with Gertie. Minaya seems to be on a spending spree. He wants to put the "other" New York team on the map. Signing Pedro Martinez, and Beltran would CERTAINLY do that.

I believe the Mets will be big players for him and have a really good shot at signing him.

I won't believe it's a done deal though until I see it from a credible source.
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"
    Chris Farley (Tommy Callahan)