Register now to remove this ad

Thread: San Diego Padres

San Diego Padres

What I need:
    A power hitting first baseman Right now I plan on playing Geoff Jenkins vs Righties, and Craig Wilson vs Lefties. This creates a problem because Geoff doesn't technically know how to play first. My goal is to trade Geoff for a similar hitter who CAN play first. He either needs to be lefthanded, or at least hit RHP well. Depending on people's desires, I may also package Laynce Nix for a better left handed hitter.

4.0 or better RP. Preferably a lights out closer so Rodriguez can return to the setup role where he thrives. This is now my PRIMARY need.

An awesome leadoff hitter Position will depend on who I trade to get this person. HAS TO BE BETTER THAN ROCCO BALDELLI

--------New players -----------
    SP Scott Kazmir (4.0 blue stars)
    OF Brian Giles (4.0 GOLD stars)
    MR Matt Belisle (5.0 blue stars)

------- Players who've been on the block all along --------------
    The following players are officially on the block:

Brian Roberts--Played reasonably well last year for me in a full time role. With Edgar in the fold, he becomes a bench player because I'm still committed to Brandon Phillips.
    Felipe Lopez--A great backup because he can play 3 IF positions.
    Julio Lugo-- A decent shortstop. Has no place on this team with Renteria on board.

Some prospects I'm willing to move to fill my needs:
    Wilson Betemit--A 4.0 3B prospect. Blocked by Miguel Cabrera in my system.
    Jimmy Gobble--A 4.0 SP prospect. Started 23 games for the big league club last season, and was 6-7 with a 4.88 ERA at 22 years old.
    Brandon League--A 4.5 SP prospect.
    Ervin Santana--A 4.5 SP prospect.
    Robert "Dr Destiny" Forcier--A 4.0 SP prospect. (with a name like Dr Destiny, how can you refuse?)

Some other players that could draw interest:

These are not prospects. These are MLB ready. All of these guys are young (28 or below), and cheap.
    -------------------------------------------
    Matt Kinney-- 2.0 SP Another solid back end starter
    Ben Howard-- 2.0 SP Really decent ratings for a 2.0
    Scott Proctor-- 2.0 RP. Decent arm, great control.
    Peter Bergeron 2.5 OF, just 26 years old. Can get on base (6 contact, 7 eye), and plays good defense.

-------- not so young ---------------------
    RP Ben Weber -- a decent RP who logged a lot of innings for me last year.

edited 1/14/2005
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"
    Chris Farley (Tommy Callahan)

Re: San Diego Padres

bump.
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Major Leaguer

you like Hillenbrand? I know you said power but he has contact and is a great fielder.
    QUOTE (Noah @ Nov 15 2004, 09:14 PM)
    We had another meeting and decided. Rad is too cool to let go of.
    GM of the California Angels
    2004 91-74. 2005 51-30

again, bump

edited 1/16/2005

im interested in giles. i have 2 leadoff hitters better than baldelli. furcal and pierre. let me know

twins

aim-pagne531
    Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Champs.