Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tex-Mil

Major Leaguer

Re: Tex-Mil

Soriano cannot be traded until June 1st.
    I have a penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonds*
    What now redsock. Whose the idiot now, you piece of sh*t

Quote Originally Posted by yagmaster
    I think this is blatantly unfair. Who else agrees?
    As I understand it, the rule for trading Free Agents is what Youkilis quoted: No trading until the start of the season (which already passed).

Bonds* stated that FAs can't be traded until the draft in the MLB, but in the rules thread it states the start of the season.

If Milwaukee was in a rebuilding mode, I'd say this trade is OK because it's proven talent for prospects. HOWEVER, Milwaukee is in first place, and the fact that Milwaukee's infield is already loaded... this deal makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for the Brewers.

This might be a case where we should hear Milwaukee's reasoning for trading the best catcher in the game as well as one of the best power hitters out there for an overpriced second baseman and 2 mediocre prospects.

For the record, Hennesey's a 4.0, not a 4.5
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"
    Chris Farley (Tommy Callahan)

Els, no matter what he says, theres no way to say it should not be vetoed, Hennesy will not develop and Soriano is overated. And Hafner and Ivan or studs. Nuff said.

Ok els just owned the brewers right there
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonds*
    I acquired Alex Gonzalez who signed with the Cards in the offseason, and no one complained about that.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by stocker323
    I acquired Alex Gonzalez who signed with the Cards in the offseason, and no one complained about that.
    That's because Alex Gonzalez sucks and it was easier for you to sneak it by everybody without us noticing.

Not to mention there are about 4 alex gonzalezs
    I have a penis.

There's no way you can allow the Alex Gonzalez trade through and not this one. It is the same exact thing. You can't enforce a rule only when you want to. No, now that it's been broken once, it is done. In terms of whether this trade is fair or not, it is absolutely fair. I don't see how you people can say Soriano is bad. Last time i check a .300 hitting 2bwith 30 HR, 100 RBI and 60 SB isnt bad.

Pudge > Soriano
    Hafner > Hennesay, Gamble
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

I just want to get things straight. If we ammend this trade so it is "more fair" as has happened with other trades that have been processed, will it then go through?

Yeah, its bad, either way it should be vetoed.

You Cant Trade Soriano Period Its Unfair And Against The Rules
    Proud KC Royals GM. Aim Name: qback513
    Year 2: 36-19 Best Record in MLB
    Sim #4 Best Hitter: LF Lance Berkman .253 14 HR 44 RBI
    Sim #4 Best Pitcher: SP Brad Penny 6-4 3.10 ERA 67 K's

This is my position: At the time i offered soriano his contract, there was one CLEAR set of rules posted by ACL who was simming. It said at the beginning of this season new FAs could be traded. I based my contract off that. Bonds* not only didnt say anythign at that point, but waited until MUUUCH later to say anything different. I truly feel it is not right to do this to me and every other owner in the league. Not to mention the Alex Gonzalez trade has already gone through. Don't see how you can possibly allow it to happen there but not here...

Ok, it doesnt matter, even if it is allowed by the rules, its an unfair trade. And now the rules are in place so you cant trade him till next year.

WEll like i said, we will adjust the trade to make it "more fair"