Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sheets...Ben Sheets

Re: Sheets...Ben Sheets

Quote Originally Posted by Gertie
    Sheets and Santana are, unquestionably, going to be at the head of the next generation of aces, along with Prior, and maybe Beckett (is he still 25-ish? I don't know). Sheets, though, is hitting the market, and you know it's going to become a bidding war for him. At least he doesn't have Boras as his agent.
    I see Sheets and Prior ahead of Santana. People seem to have forgotten about prior after last year too.

I'm sorry, but I'd take Santana over Sheets by far. I'm not sure about Prior yet; we'll see how he rebounds from his disappointing season last year. But Santana has dominating stuff, has had success for a couple years in a row, and as a lefty, has that much more value. Sheets as well has unquestionably great stuff, but the jury's still out on his makeup, and we need to see if he can duplicate last season. Not that I wouldn't joygasm all over the place if the Sox acquired him
    I have no sig. Sue me.

I read on the Brewers website, that Sheets would be satistfied if the Brewers offered him a contract similar to the contract Johan Santana recieved. Talk about a bargain for both clubs (Minnesota and Mliwaukee) if they could get both pitchers to sign for similar deals.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

I read the story on Sheets in this month's ESPN, and he seems like he'd be a perfect fit for the sox clubhouse as well. It seems like he's out their to have fun as well as compete.

ben sheets is going to the yankees, bank it

Really for what? What do you have to offer?

Quote Originally Posted by yankees_nation
    ben sheets is going to the yankees, bank it
    Not NY material.
    Go knicks
    "Trot Nixon, what's that? I thought it was a racehorse." --Reggie Jackson

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by Yanksin2010
    Not NY material.
    Don't you know it...he's young and good.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox Rule
    Don't you know it...he's young and good.
    And he would choke in NY. Javy2.
    Go knicks

Major Leaguer

Nah, Sheets is too good to need MEL'S help.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox Rule
    Nah, Sheets is too good to need MEL'S help.
    Mel would corrupt him anyway.
    Go knicks

Sheets wouldn't be that pressured in New York, he's a real team player, and doesn't take the game too seriously, he'd be perfect for the Sox. But it won't matter because Sheets is going to resign with the crew.
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows
    Sheets wouldn't be that pressured in New York, he's a real team player, and doesn't take the game too seriously, he'd be perfect for the Sox. But it won't matter because Sheets is going to resign with the crew.
    Yeah, I think he likes it there. But I know George will try and trade the farm for him near the deadline.
    Go knicks

The Yankees really couldn't make a trade for him, and I wouldn't be stunned at all if the Jays make a run at him. Espically with that owner giving them the thumbs up to spend some money.

Looking at farm systems though

1, Angels (if they want Sheets they'll most likely get him, but they wouldn't deal any of the players to land Johnson, so I doubt they'll do it now)

2. Jays (Aaron Hill, Dave Purcey, Zach Jackson they got some players to move)

3. Red Sox ( Hanley, Papelbon, and maybe someone else might get it done.)

4. Yankees (Duncan, and Ching Min Wang???!) Not pretty

Double A

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir
    Can you imagine our rotation after the trade deadline should we miraculously trade for Sheets?

Shilling
    Sheets
    *Wells
    *Miller
    *Clement

*= interchangeable (for now).

That would be far and away the best rotation in baseball, I dont care what anyone else says. We'd have to give up A LOT to get him though, because you can bet your ass Steinbrenner will find some way to interfere.

Ok Im a huge red sox fan but, Ive been at a good amount of Spring Training games and Wells looks like CRAP. Even the outs he gets are hit incredibly hard. I wouldnt be suprrised if Wells goes 10-14 this year (But knowing Wells he could possibly go 16-14, so any predictions are kinda big guesses). And as for Clement, he has certainly not been impresive at all!