Register now to remove this ad

Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1483

Thread: The official Talksox.com movie thread

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    What I think is ridiculous about Marvel movies is they do the same shit over and over again and people keep flocking to the theaters. But then, we were talking about Adam Sandler's movies in the other thread.....
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

I mean, those Marvel Movies are very well done. I wasn't even really a super hero fan growing up, but the effects are good, the plots are interesting, there is even quite a bit of humor in the movies. Not to mention these movies have damn good actors.

Tough call: Based just on trailers, is Holmes and Watson worse than The Happytime Murders? Because I'm not wasting my time watching either of them.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

CinemaSins' video of Hereditary just confirms my feeling that the movie is not as good as a lot of people say it is.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Anyone seen Aquaman? I've been hearing mixed reviews, but I'll probably still see it when it's on bluray, much as I don't like Marvel superhero movies in general.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

I saw a great movie from 1934 called The Ninth Guest yesterday. Eight people get anonymous invites to a party and when they show up to the apartment, they discover they're trapped and a voice from the radio tells them they will die one by one....

The same kind of plot that Agatha Christie did five years later, but it seems ahead of its time compared to the other fare around in those days.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Upgrade is really good. It drags a bit and part of the twist is obvious from the start, but otherwise it was better than I thought it would be.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

The Predator was about as bad as advertised. It really doesn't know what kind of movie it wants to be, and the result is a chaotic mess.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Mandy is one of the weirdest movies I've seen in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Mandy is one of the weirdest movies I've seen in recent memory.
    I'm already getting it mixed up with All the Boys Love Mandy Lane.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    What I think is ridiculous about Marvel movies is they do the same shit over and over again and people keep flocking to the theaters. But then, we were talking about Adam Sandler's movies in the other thread.....

People love predictable formulas. They love when a movie ends and everything makes sense and all the loose ends are tied up. That’s why we love sitcoms and why Will Farrell movies - which are the most formulaic scripts ever - are so popular. No one buys a ticket for aWill Farrell movie and thinks “Gee what do you suppose this is about?” They buy one knowing full well they will be seeing a comically narcissistic man have his ego challenged and justified...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I thought Mortal Engines would struggle at the box office, but not by this much. I guess audiences are tiring of all these movies. Plus the plot just sounds ridiculous.
    Sci fi movies frequently struggle when they over complicate the setting. No one wants to struggle to think too much during a movie...

Child's Play is pretty much played out as a franchise, but I know! Let's reboot it!
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

And when can we look forward to a reboot of I Know What You Did Last Summer?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

And Final Destination, of course.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win