Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Talksox.com movie thread

The official Talksox.com movie thread

I know calvnhobs and I are big movie buffs, so why don't we all talk about movies. :dunno:

I just watched "Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray for the first time, and it was excellent. The ending was a bit weak though.

Maybe we can work out some sort of recommendation system for each other, that would be cool. Anyhoo, my favorite movie is Dr. Strangelove: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. You should all see it, classic Kubrick in black and white.

.....just trying to start off the thread.

All-Star

Re: The official Talksox.com movie thread

my fav movie is the usual suspects.

funniest has to go to: super troopers (only the first time i saw it though) and harold and kumar go to white castle.

john
    Most dominant pitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows
    The A's are going to finish dead last this year in the AL West.
    They won't win the AL West for the next 3 years, the Angels will definaltly be on top of them.
    If you are stupid, I will make fun of you. :harhar:

I just saw The Villiage, and well....M. Night can do better.
    Go knicks
    "Trot Nixon, what's that? I thought it was a racehorse." --Reggie Jackson

Super Troopers stands up to repeated viewing, I think. It's not meant to be taken seriously, so just have a good time watching it. Some of those jokes never get old.

All-Star

i don't know. the first time i saw it i almost died laughing. the 4th time i don't think i even laughed hard at all. shitty.. just like family guy, i've seen every episode about 10 times each. i can basically tell the jokes before they happen. same goes for south park and futurama.

john
    Most dominant pitcher
    They won't win the AL West for the next 3 years, the Angels will definaltly be on top of them.

All-Star

I'm actually going to be taking 2 separate movie courses this coming semester, so I'll be sure to have some excellent movie recs for you guys.
    In the meantime, go see Shaun of the Dead. Now.

Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by CalvnHobs6
    I'm actually going to be taking 2 separate movie courses this coming semester, so I'll be sure to have some excellent movie recs for you guys.
    And what about the Life Aquatic? I thought it was damn good. Bill Murray is the man.

All-Star

sotd was funny, i heard nothing but good about life aquatic, bill murray blazes up so much in that movie, from what i've been told.

john
    Most dominant pitcher

Office Space holds up incredibly well when seen again IMO.
    Go knicks

All-Star

Well, if we're talking about movies in theaters, Life Aquatic is the kind of really subtle, low-key humor that very few people can appreciate. I loved the movie.
    Other movies still in theaters that I'd recommend right now:
    SIDEWAYS - a must-see. Absolutely hilarious.
    TEAM AMERICA - The opposite of Life Aquatic. The humor is pretty obvious, and at times excessive - in a really good way.
    OCEAN'S 12 - Not as good as the first, it was more entertaining than good. Fun to see, though I can't really saw it was a good movie. I enjoyed it though.
    MEET THE FOCKERS - Very funny stupid comedy. First one was better, but this was pretty damn funny. It has grossed over 250 million dollars, so you know it's at least worth seeing.
    GARDEN STATE - This is a rental. A must see movie, Zach Braff is awesome in the movie - again, very subtle humor, but just really good.
    NAPOLEON DYNAMITE - You'll either love it or hate it, or think it's okay. I thought it was okay. MUCH better when you watch it with a group of people.
    THE INCREDIBLES - The best animated movie of all time. Hands down. Really an amazing movie. It's funny, and has a great plot. It'd make a great live action movie too.

So yeah, I'd recommend all of those somewhat recent releases into theaters and onto DVD.

On my list to see as soon as I get net flicks.
    Go knicks

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Yanksin2010
    Office Space holds up incredibly well when seen again IMO.
    Office Space never gets old. One of my all time favorie comedies. But my favorite comedy (compliments to YesZir for showing it to me for the first time) has to be My Cousin Vinny.

My favorite movie of all time (and I still debate this with myself) is probably Fight Club. Two of my favorite actors (specifically Edward Norton, but I think Pitt's a great actor also), one of my favorite singers (Meat Loaf), and one of the best directors in hollywood today (David Fincher) is a can't miss movie.

Well, if we're talking about movies in theaters, Life Aquatic is the kind of really subtle, low-key humor that very few people can appreciate. I loved the movie.
    Other movies still in theaters that I'd recommend right now:
    SIDEWAYS - a must-see. Absolutely hilarious.
    TEAM AMERICA - The opposite of Life Aquatic. The humor is pretty obvious, and at times excessive - in a really good way.
    OCEAN'S 12 - Not as good as the first, it was more entertaining than good. Fun to see, though I can't really saw it was a good movie. I enjoyed it though.
    MEET THE FOCKERS - Very funny stupid comedy. First one was better, but this was pretty damn funny. It has grossed over 250 million dollars, so you know it's at least worth seeing.
    GARDEN STATE - This is a rental. A must see movie, Zach Braff is awesome in the movie - again, very subtle humor, but just really good.
    NAPOLEON DYNAMITE - You'll either love it or hate it, or think it's okay. I thought it was okay. MUCH better when you watch it with a group of people.
    THE INCREDIBLES - The best animated movie of all time. Hands down. Really an amazing movie. It's funny, and has a great plot. It'd make a great live action movie too.

So yeah, I'd recommend all of those somewhat recent releases into theaters and onto DVD.
    I agree with most of those reccomondations. I didn't like Incredibles, but thats just me.
    Go knicks

Office Space never gets old. One of my all time favorie comedies. But my favorite comedy (compliments to YesZir for showing it to me for the first time) has to be My Cousin Vinny.

My favorite movie of all time (and I still debate this with myself) is probably Fight Club.
    Thats my number three. I have a tie for number 1 with pulp fiction and Office Space.
    Go knicks