Register now to remove this ad

Thread: San Diego Padres

San Diego Padres

New Padres Trading Block:

OF Brian Giles -- Traded him once, but that trade was voided. I will listen to offers on him again. Texas-- PM me if you want to rework our original deal. This guy's a 4.0 overall, is hitting pretty well, and is dirt cheap ($700,000)

SP Javier Vazquez -- A 2.5 overall SP, good ratings (7-7-8) and even better talent (8-8-9)

RP Jeff Urban -- 2.5 overall, he's listed as a reliever but has an endurance of 9 so this guy can start.

SS Julio Lugo -- A 2.5 overall SS. This guy is pretty decent, he's just stuck behind Edgar Renteria on my team.

RP Brandon Backe -- A 2.5 overall RP. Another guy I traded but the trade was voided.

SP Matt Kinney -- 2.5 SP. Another guy who I just don't have room for. Good ratings (7-7-7).

Anyone from my Minors is potentially available, all you gotta do is ask. PM me with any offers on any of these guys as I won't be on AIM until late Friday evening.

What I need: A true leadoff hitter (better than Baldelli), an improved bullpen (that means relievers <= 3.0), and general improvements anywhere around the diamond. I'm looking to win now without sacrificing my future too much, but I'll talk about any of my top prospects EXCEPT Jerome Williams.
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"
    Chris Farley (Tommy Callahan)

Re: San Diego Padres

The twins show TREMENDOUS interestm in giles. i have a couple of leadoff batters ( furcal and pierre) please contact me . thanks

aim-pagne531
    Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Champs.

The Cubs have interest in Backe
    “The Red Sox are a walking disaster. They act like they’re tough, how they care so much about winning. But it’s all a front. They’re just a bunch of characters. They know what we’re all about. We can still beat them and they know it. Let’s see what they do this time when it counts.”
    –RF G. Sheffield speaking on the WS Champs

Chitalian-- Did you get my PM?
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

yeah, im thinkin bout it, bergeron didnt do as good as i wouldve wanted
    “The Red Sox are a walking disaster. They act like they’re tough, how they care so much about winning. But it’s all a front. They’re just a bunch of characters. They know what we’re all about. We can still beat them and they know it. Let’s see what they do this time when it counts.”
    –RF G. Sheffield speaking on the WS Champs

The a's are very interested in backe.

Chicago and Oakland-- Either post offers for Backe in this thread or PM them to me and I'll review them later this evening.