Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Extra Innings Extra

what the hell is up with this granite city extra innings extra on nesn afta wb masons extra innings followin the sox game... i myself have never watched it this season, i only watch the WB masons extra innings..... is there really a need for two post-game shows like this?
    BostonSportsTalkForum <- Check it out

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.&quot;
    -Dave Barry

All-Star
    This show has gone downhill in my opinion. Tom Caron is nowhere near as interesting as Bob Rodgers was (which really isn&#39;t saying a whole lot) and for some reason they don&#39;t take phone calls anymore. I don&#39;t mind the extra analysis, but keep it flowing and not just the same shit over and over. Eck is on tonight and he&#39;s my favorite guest, but some of the others say really nothing (Rice).

I think the reason they dont take phonecalls anymore is the simple fact that most of them were stupid as all hell. The typical call was like this:

BR: Hello, you&#39;re on the air
    Caller: Hi Bob, I love your show and you have great hair
    BR: Thanks, whats your question?
    Caller: Umm, yea, nice hair, and, what um, do you think about Manny, is he good or not?
    BR: Manny is the best hitter on the team
    Caller: But what about is OTS
    BR: His what?
    Caller: Damon too
    BR: Allll right, thanks for the call&#33;

I cant stand listening to people who have no idea what they&#39;re talking about try to argue baseball. It annoys me.

All-Star
    That&#39;s why you get a producer that has a clue and screens the calls. NESN itself needs a lot of work and no doubt the post game show would be on the list. The Sox are so popular and NESN has lousy people except for Remy (and maybe Orsillo).

I think they&#39;re really stretching themselves thin with this. They have no true programming during the summer, what with the sox and the sox only playing. They cant fill time with other sports and news, etc. So they have the mad fisherman, and outdoor shows, whatever, no one watches them. At least this way they can claim that it is Red Sox programming.

Plus, Jim Rice studders too much. <_<
    Inaugural Talksox contest winner.

Originally posted by TheFens@May 10 2004, 07:14 PM
    So they have the mad fisherman, and outdoor shows, whatever, no one watches them. <_<
    I watch the Mad Fisherman
    BostonSportsTalkForum <- Check it out

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.&quot;
    -Dave Barry

Oh man&#33; Someone should just tell Sam Horn thanks but no thanks. He needs to just zip the piehole. I liked Jim Corsi better even though he looked like a Rogaine clinical trial gone wrong. There just aren&#39;t too many good baseball commentators out there. I don&#39;t think NESN has any idea what to do with TC.

I love Sean McDonough. He&#39;s hillarious.

It would rock if NESN could find some female baseball analog to Monday Night Football&#39;s Melissa Stark. Do I smell a reality TV show? She&#39;d do the "fan of the game" (no pun intended) bit 100 times better than TC or that other boob who&#39;s doing it now...what&#39;s his name?
    You're killin' me Smalls!! -Hamilton "Ham" Porter

Just the fact that they have to call it "extra innings EXTRA" speaks volumes of the show. It&#39;s crappy, and they&#39;re just trying to fill the time slot. The guys on it are somewhat stupid, and Sam Horn/ Jim Rice/ Dennis Eckersley have the combined charisma and commentating ability of a potato.

As far as the female thing, that would make it interesting. I&#39;ve been seeing a moderately attractive woman doing some stuff for NESN recently. Not the morning sportsdesk one, but someone else.