Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Skydome no more

Skydome no more

Corporate business strikes down yet another stadium, as the Skydome has been renamed the Rogers Centre.

Major Leaguer

Re: Skydome no more

What a gay name. This isn't hockey you stupid canucks.

I mean, what the hell is this all aboot? You'd think they could at least spell CENTER right. CENTRE? Dumb CanadiEns, eh?

I like Rogers Centre better then the Skydome. Skydome sounded too freakin cliche like the mertodome, thunderdome, King Dome etc.

They spelled centre wrong, the fools!

At least Rogers sounds normal. Its not like petco park or something blatantly commercial. I, for example, have no idea what Rogers means. I initially thought you meant that they were tearing it down in favor of a less sterile stadium.

same here, i thought they were maing a new stadium or something. Rogers is the name of the Cable company from Toronto, from what i know.

Yeah, this thread title confused me more than that crazy ass Biology shit we had to do today...

It's so dumb to change the name for corporate business unless it's a decent sounding name. In Arlington where the Rangers play the ballpark used to be named "The Ballpark in Arlington" which sounds perfectly fine. Then b/c it's all about the $$$ came the changing of the name to "Ameriquest Field." Bull**** I tell you! Bull****!

Rogers Communiactions is the telephone company up in Canada.
    Mets in '06
    Vote for Pedro!
    See you guys in October? I hope not, you manhandled us.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by Sox fan in Tex
    It's so dumb to change the name for corporate business unless it's a decent sounding name. In Arlington where the Rangers play the ballpark used to be named "The Ballpark in Arlington" which sounds perfectly fine. Then b/c it's all about the $$$ came the changing of the name to "Ameriquest Field." Bull**** I tell you! Bull****!
    WHAT!?!?! i have always thought that the ballpark in arlington is the crappiest name ever for a park, thats like saying "the ballpark in boston" how bad does that sound!?!?
    "In Kazhakstan we have many hobbies: disco dancing, archery, rape and table tennis..."-Borat

Sudan Genocide: Its happening right now...does the media care? http://www.darfurgenocide.org/