Register now to remove this ad

Thread: The biggest FA left signs with...

The biggest FA left signs with...

The Tigers.

Magglio Ordonez sgins - ESPN

The Detroit Tigers snared the last remaining premier free agent of the offseason, agreeing to a five-year, $75 million contract with outfielder Magglio Ordonez, a baseball source told The Associated Press on Saturday.
    I say that the Twins will be 4 time AL Central champs, man what an easy division.

Re: The biggest FA left signs with...

That's a pretty good contract atually. Unfortunately, it won't do the tigers any good whatsoever. They may win 4 more games this time around, but what they really need is some pitching.

I think they overpaid for Maggs. They did include a clause which says that if a knee injury lands him on the DL in 2005 for at least 25 days, then they can void the contract. Unfortunately for the Tigers, the clause is only for 2005.

I also heard they can void the contract after one year if he is on the DL for more than 25 games or something. And he can earn up to over 100 million with incentives. At least I think thats what they said on Sportscenter, I was drifting in and out. I think they horribly overpaid. Not many other teams would have done 3/4 of that contract. But if he stays healthy and does what he does best it is a pretty good signing.

Yeah, $15 mill per for Maggs seems like a bit too much. And yes, there is a clause in his contract saying that the Tigers can void it.

Offense is all well and good, but when your #1 starter is Mike Maroth, I think they need to turn their attention to their pitching staff to be competitive.
    I have no sig. Sue me.

All-Star

15 mill a year for mags.. if i was a baseball player i would beg boras to be my agent. the guy makes things happen.

john
    Most dominant pitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows
    The A's are going to finish dead last this year in the AL West.
    They won't win the AL West for the next 3 years, the Angels will definaltly be on top of them.
    If you are stupid, I will make fun of you. :harhar: