Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Public Speaking?

Rookie
    How do you feel when it comes to speaking publicly? Personally, I'm scared to death. I hate it when everyone's eyes are on me and I tend to swallow my words. I like to think that most people get scared too, but do you?
    Ortizzle my nizzle

Originally posted by roary@Apr 3 2004, 09:39 AM
    How do you feel when it comes to speaking publicly? Personally, I'm scared to death. I hate it when everyone's eyes are on me and I tend to swallow my words. I like to think that most people get scared too, but do you?
    I'm actually very outgoing and I like speaking in front of people. I like eye contact because I know they're listening to me and I'm either saying something interesting or funny.
    Baseball isn't life and death but the Red Sox are.

All-Star
    My hands start to shake when I have to do something in front of a lot of people. My class wanted me to do a few card tricks in front of everyone. I did the trick fine, and spoke well, but I was shaking the whole time.

Idont have a problem with it at all. Last year i spoke at the college infront of about 200 people about a science thing i did. I stood infront of all them at the podium and at first i thought i'd sit there and studder the whole time because the auditorium thing i did it in, the seats were like stadium seats so everyone was looking down on me but it ended up being kind of relaxing for some reason.
    BostonSportsTalkForum <- Check it out

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.&quot;
    -Dave Barry

Sometimes I&#39;m fine with it, other times not so much. If its a lot of people (like when I used to be in plays) I&#39;m fine with it. But if i need to make a presentation in front of 20 people I&#39;m not the best. But oh well, what can you do, human nature I guess.

It&#39;s no biggie. I have given some speeches infront of 600 people and it&#39;s cool. I&#39;m nervous like at first...but as I start talking I get into a groove and it&#39;s easy street from then on out.

It doesnt bother me, I actually like to give speeches.
    Inaugural Talksox contest winner.

Single A
    I&#39;m like you roary - I hate public speaking. If I&#39;m just reading something, it&#39;s OK... but if I&#39;m doing something &#39;off the cuff&#39; then I find it difficult.

Aaron

Is it true that speaking in public is feared more than death? Or is it second only to death in the feared category. I remember reading that somewhere.