Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Do the Celtics make the playoffs?

Even though I'm not much of a basketball fan, I must profess I do get excited 9at any sport really) come playoff time. So, even though the C's have a pathetic losing record, they have a spot in the playoffs, provided they can hold of the Cavs. Are they gonna do it? I think they can. Chucky is the man.

Yeah the Celts are in, but if they get matched up with Indiana, Detroit, or a healthy New Jersey, they're done in 4, and because they're not gonna make it to the 5 seed with 6 games left, they'll get swept in the playoffs and cost themselves the lottery. As for Chucky, sure he's good, but he's the reason the team will be good enough to make the playoffs, and they're aren't good enough to advance, meaning they're stuck in that horrible no man's land of too good for the lottery and not good enough to win in the playoffs.

i think they can do it as long as they stop with the stupid fouls.... last few games ive watched though it seemed as if the reffs were totally against the celts and not calling anythin for them
    BostonSportsTalkForum <- Check it out

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.&quot;
    -Dave Barry

Triple A
    They&#39;ve actually been rather good recently. If they get 7th place, they&#39;ll face the Nets (who without K-Mart and Kidd aren&#39;t too good). And now that Twain is gone, no need to worry about watching 3-point shots all day.

At least they won when they shot 3&#39;s all day, it may not have been the greatest basketball but they were winning team that Ainge unnecessarily broke up. I can see dealing Antoine maybe, but not to get a guy like Raef to come in, injury or no injury, who has &#036;35 million more left on his contract than Antoine. That trade made sense neither in financial terms nor in basketball terms.

who cares about the celtics and whether they make the playoffs. The farther they go the more it hurts them in terms of draft picks. Does anyone actually think they have a shot at winning it?

No one does, and that&#39;s the point, this year was supposed to get them a lottery pick, and Ainge was headed down that path until he inexplicably traded for Atkins. If you&#39;re gonna tank the year then tank the year, don&#39;t go in between.

They&#39;ll get in and probably play the Nets. Kidd and Martin will be back by then and the C&#39;s will have a tough time with that series.