Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Luis Sojo?

I'm hearing a lot about this kid, I read an article about him in ESPN the mag. Anyone heard anyone about him? Why do the Red Sox like this kid? Where is he playing right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Originally posted by CrespoBlows@May 12 2004, 06:07 PM
    I'm hearing a lot about this kid, I read an article about him in ESPN the mag. Anyone heard anyone about him? Why do the Red Sox like this kid? Where is he playing right now?
    Just to clarify that CB is talking about Luis Soto, not Sojo. Sojo is a former infielder and now 3B coach of the Yankees. As for Soto, I believe he's playing in the Gulf Coast League but I'm not sure. I did read that ESPN article about him and all the Dominican baseball schools. Well written article. They Soto should be a pretty big star, but I say you really can't tell when a player is that young (I believe he's 19).
    Baseball isn't life and death but the Red Sox are.

The Red Sox say he's got a chance to be Tejada like, except faster. They say he might be one of the fastest SOB's ever
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Originally posted by dirtdogman5+May 12 2004, 07:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtdogman5 @ May 12 2004, 07:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CrespoBlows@May 12 2004, 06:07 PM
    I&#39;m hearing a lot about this kid, I read an article about him in ESPN the mag. Anyone heard anyone about him? Why do the Red Sox like this kid? Where is he playing right now?
    Just to clarify that CB is talking about Luis Soto, not Sojo. Sojo is a former infielder and now 3B coach of the Yankees. As for Soto, I believe he&#39;s playing in the Gulf Coast League but I&#39;m not sure. I did read that ESPN article about him and all the Dominican baseball schools. Well written article. They Soto should be a pretty big star, but I say you really can&#39;t tell when a player is that young (I believe he&#39;s 19). [/b][/quote]
    i was just wondering that. I was thinking who in there right mind would wont Sojo on the sox, I know i dont
    BostonSportsTalkForum <- Check it out

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.&quot;
    -Dave Barry

All-Star
    Soto has some very good tools as well as an excellent batting eye. He and Hanley could be a deadly SS-2B middle-infield combo, but I don&#39;t want to go too excited over Soto yet, because he has yet to appear in an official organizational game and he won&#39;t be a major leaguer until 2007.

Major Leaguer
    I think if we did get him it would be great. All the best players are from the DR. I think hes supposedly supposed to be a replica of Alfonso.
    There are only two teams you can root for in baseball, the Red Sox, and whoever is playing the Yankees

All-Star
    Originally posted by RedSox24@May 15 2004, 06:45 AM
    I think if we did get him it would be great. All the best players are from the DR. I think hes supposedly supposed to be a replica of Alfonso.
    We&#39;ve already got him. Now it is just a matter of grooming and developing him for the next 3-4 minor league seasons.

Major Leaguer
    oh, well alfonso jr. here we come
    There are only two teams you can root for in baseball, the Red Sox, and whoever is playing the Yankees

Originally posted by Zenny@May 13 2004, 09:04 PM
    Soto has some very good tools as well as an excellent batting eye. He and Hanley could be a deadly SS-2B middle-infield combo, but I don&#39;t want to go too excited over Soto yet, because he has yet to appear in an official organizational game and he won&#39;t be a major leaguer until 2007.
    It is tough to tell when you&#39;re looking at players this early. Hell, its hard to tell with Hanley Ramirez right now. Some say he&#39;ll be great, others don&#39;t agree. I think he&#39;ll be great, and seeing him and Soto together (if they both develop) in one infield would be amazing.

The more future talent, the better. I&#39;m enjoying watching Theo rebuild the farm system.
    I have no sig. Sue me.