Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: July 16th vs. New York

All-Star

Re: July 16th vs. New York

That XM radio commercial. Fuck no, I'll never be friends with a VaGiant fan.

I actually enjoy watching Cano -- atleast as much as you can enjoy watching a Yankee player. It must be something with Yankee second baseman, because I enjoyed watching Cairo last year, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox fan in Tex
    I still give Rivera credit, ARod2212, but I still think he's beatable. Who knows what would have happened if Renteria wasn't rung up on a bad call. Props to Rivera, but if anyone can get to him, we can.
    See where are these posts all the time, man?

He is beatable, and I agree that if anyone can get to him the Red Sox can. Not because you own him, or some psychological thing. It's because the Red Sox have a good offense.
    9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
    Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments.

Umpires thoughts with Rivera in: Hey, it's one of the greatest closers ever... let's give him every call so he can convert another save. If the ball is outside of the strikezone, just give him the call anyway. And if Renteria doesn't go around, say he did so we can all go home. Pathetic... Rivera is still beatable and I GUARANTEE he blows another save against us this year. Quote me on that.
    and how do you explain the 3-0 pitch to bernie which would have loaded the bases with 0 out? Was that a strike? Please, just tell me that was a strike. I want to laugh.
    Go knicks
    "Trot Nixon, what's that? I thought it was a racehorse." --Reggie Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by ARod2212

He is beatable, and I agree that if anyone can get to him the Red Sox can. Not because you own him, or some psychological thing. It's because the Red Sox have a good offense.
    Plus they've seen him 234234435435 times.
    Go knicks
    "Trot Nixon, what's that? I thought it was a racehorse." --Reggie Jackson

They exist... such as the one right above this response that I have you quoted with, with me giving credit to Cano and former Yankee, Miguel Cairo. I am fair to admit that, that 3-0 pitch to Williams was an easy ball and because of that lead to, we got out of the inning. To beat Rivera, you also have to catch some breaks.... and we didn't catch any today.

Trouble in Seattle. Sammy Sosa just struck out, but the Orioles have Brian Roberts on second with two outs in a 2-2 game in the 9th.

I'm listening to the game right now, so I'll keep you guys updated.

Mora grounds out. Mariners about to bat in the bottom of the ninth inning. C'mon M's!

Beltre singles, none out, one on for the Mariners.

Swinging bunt by Bloomquist.... a weird play, the ball ended up going into the stands. Men on second and third, none out and Chris Ray up to bat for the M's.

BASEHIT! Mariners win in the bottom of the ninth, 3-2.

BASEHIT! Mariners win in the bottom of the ninth, 3-2.
    Mike Morse is going to be the next big thing in Seattle. He and Rene Rivera may be the answer to the Mariners SS/C problem.