Register now to remove this ad

Page 350 of 932 FirstFirst ... 250300340348349350351352360400450850 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 13969

Thread: What song are you listening to?

Re: What song are you listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz;685274;
    Another Green World album by Brian Eno (Prog-Rock/Art-Rock, 1975).

His best solo album. iMO.

Review
    by Steve Huey
    A universally acknowledged masterpiece, Another Green World represents a departure from song structure and toward a more ethereal, minimalistic approach to sound. Despite the stripped-down arrangements, the album's sumptuous tone quality reflects Eno's growing virtuosity at handling the recording studio as an instrument in itself (? la Brian Wilson). There are a few pop songs scattered here and there ("St. Elmo's Fire," "I'll Come Running," "Golden Hours"), but most of the album consists of deliberately paced instrumentals that, while often closer to ambient music than pop, are both melodic and rhythmic; many, like "Sky Saw," "In Dark Trees," and "Little Fishes," are highly imagistic, like paintings done in sound that actually resemble their titles. Lyrics are infrequent, but when they do pop up, they follow the free-associative style of albums past; this time, though, the humor seems less bizarre than gently whimsical and addled, fitting perfectly into the dreamlike mood of the rest of the album. Most of Another Green World is like experiencing a soothing, dream-filled slumber while awake, and even if some of the pieces have dark or threatening qualities, the moments of unease are temporary, like a passing nightmare whose feeling lingers briefly upon waking but whose content is forgotten. Unlike some of his later, full-fledged ambient work, Eno's gift for melodicism and tight focus here keep the entirety of the album in the forefront of the listener's consciousness, making it the perfect introduction to his achievements even for those who find ambient music difficult to enjoy.
    The early Eno stuff was interesting. Just not marketable in that time.

"Sing Me Away" ---- Night Ranger.

I'm a sucker for power cords.

To bad it came with all that ridiculous hair.

Atom Heart Mother album by Pink Floyd (Prog-Rock/Art-Rock, 1970)

by Stephen Thomas Erlewine
    Appearing after the sprawling, unfocused double-album set Ummagumma, Atom Heart Mother may boast more focus, even a concept, yet that doesn't mean it's more accessible. If anything, this is the most impenetrable album Pink Floyd released while on Harvest, which also makes it one of the most interesting of the era. Still, it may be an acquired taste even for fans, especially since it kicks off with a side-long, 23-minute extended orchestral piece that may not seem to head anywhere, but is often intriguing, more in what it suggests than what it achieves. Then, on the second side, Roger Waters, David Gilmour, and Rick Wright have a song apiece, winding up with the group composition "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" wrapping it up. Of these, Waters begins developing the voice that made him the group's lead songwriter during their classic era with "If," while Wright has an appealingly mannered, very English psychedelic fantasia on "Summer 68," and Gilmour's "Fat Old Sun" meanders quietly before ending with a guitar workout that leaves no impression. "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast," the 12-minute opus that ends the album, does the same thing, floating for several minutes before ending on a drawn-out jam that finally gets the piece moving. So, there are interesting moments scattered throughout the record, and the work that initially seems so impenetrable winds up being Atom Heart Mother's strongest moment. That it lasts an entire side illustrates that Pink Floyd was getting better with the larger picture instead of the details, since the second side just winds up falling off the tracks, no matter how many good moments there are. This lack of focus means Atom Heart Mother will largely be for cultists, but its unevenness means there's also a lot to cherish here.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Boston by Boston
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Atom Heart Mother is one of my favorites. Not many like it, even PF themselves

Listening to some Electric Wizard right now

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;685407;
    The early Eno stuff was interesting. Just not marketable in that time.
    I like a lot his early albums (74'-77'), he keeps some elements of Roxy Music.

His late work (Not my favorite) have some bases of what we know today as electronic music.

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;685414;
    Atom Heart Mother is one of my favorites. Not many like it, even PF themselves

Listening to some Electric Wizard right now
    A master piece, love it!

I just watched BASEketball, idk why this has spanish subtitles, or why it's such poor quality, but I rofl every time I see this scene. Ofc, that's Trey Parker, the guy who does most of the voices from South Park. I recommend this movie if you like silly humor similar to South Park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgN8wsPZNBA

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Banned

Lee Dorsey - Get Out of my Life Woman
    http://youtu.be/uxp0Kfgpft8

King Crimson- The Great Deceiver Box Set Disc 3

I wish I could go back in time.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;685690;
    King Crimson- The Great Deceiver Box Set Disc 3
    :thumbsup: awesome!

Review
    by Fran?ois Couture
    In King Crimson's extensive catalog of archival recordings and box sets, The Great Deceiver (Live 1973-1974) is the undisputed winner, the item truly worth acquiring. The four-CD set Frame by Frame, released 18 months earlier, was light on material previously unavailable and included a few edits and overdubs on classic King Crimson tracks that shocked the fans. Epitaph, another four-CD collection culled from the group's first live shows in 1969, boasted understandably flawed sound and more repetitive content. But The Great Deceiver has it all. Over four discs, the set chronicles the on-stage activity between October 1973 and June 1974 of the most powerful King Crimson lineup. Robert Fripp, John Wetton, David Cross, and Bill Bruford were mostly performing material from their previous two LPs (Larks Tongues in Aspic and Starless and Bible Black). Yes, the track list remains pretty much the same from one show to another, but the group approaches each night from a different angle, changing the arrangements on the fly to suit the prevailing mood -- check out the chameleon-esque "Easy Money," presented in four guises, for tangible proof. Most importantly, the group performed unpredictable improvisations that embodied the struggle between order and chaos that Fripp thrived to express in penned songs like "Starless" and "Fracture." The live tapes have been beautifully mastered so that the music hits hard without losing the subtle nuances of Cross' violin. At the time of its release, The Great Deceiver filled a gap in the group's discography (the live album USA had not been officially reissued yet), but even after tons of additional concerts from that period were released by Fripp's label, Discipline, this box set still stands as the definitive argument to consecrate the 1973-1974 Crimson as its most exciting incarnation.

....did I already say awesome? AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;685691;
    I wish I could go back in time.
    +1 ... you almost make me cry man!

Great review. Very true stuff. Each CD has basically the same songs but you could listen to the entire box set straight through and not be bored because every song is done a bit different each time. Not to mention the awesome improvs...

Akon-Sorry, Blame It On Me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynMk2EwRi4Q

Hey Man Nice Shot-Filter