Register now to remove this ad

Page 413 of 932 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513913 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,195 of 13969

Thread: What song are you listening to?

Re: What song are you listening to?

It's Time - Imagine Dragons
    Bleeding Out - Imagine Dragons
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by v2freak View Post
    Poser metal band? What makes you say that? Which songs do you speak of are watered down poppy variations of extreme metal?
    Listen to like every song objectively, it's weak ass poppy metal that they play alongside Killswitch Engage, Korn, Slipknot and A7X.

To actually answer your question, "My Own Hell" is a good starting point.

FFDP is for mallcore teens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

.... And on that note, here's some totally weak ass nu metal I've been listening to lately:

Blind - Korn

Engine No. 9 - Deftones

Straighthate - Sepultura

Faith - Limp Bizkit

Self Bias Resistor - Fear Factory

Sugar - System Of A Down

One Step Closer - Linkin Park

Haha.
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz View Post
    Listen to like every song objectively, it's weak ass poppy metal that they play alongside Killswitch Engage, Korn, Slipknot and A7X.

To actually answer your question, "My Own Hell" is a good starting point.

FFDP is for mallcore teens.
    What's "mallcore"? I'm not a huge fan of Avenged Sevenfold but Killswitch Engage is a terrific band.

Pop is defined by songs about relationships, partying and superficial nonsense. The only connection I see between 5FDP and Killswitch Engage is that they have songs about relationships, IE 5FDP's "The Bleeding", "Succubus" and Killswitch's "My Last Serenade" or "Still Beats Your Name". But both of those bands are pretty diverse.

To the topic and for Emmz's viewing pleasure

Five Finger Death Punch - Canto 34
    Killswitch Engage - The Reckoning

I hate to say it, but only thinking of pop in those terms is indeed itself "superficial".

Poppiness just means a certain element in production that makes a song sound more accessible. 5FDP does this by singing with clean vocals (he sounds like a grunge singer, too). Also, certain elements in the rhythm are "poppy", like the catchy and simplistic riffing.

They're very underwhelming for a groove metal band.

Mallcore is a term for goth/emo/juggalos. Lots of them listen to stuff like KSE, A7X, Slipknot and 5FDP.

Some Nights - Fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

I hate to say it, but only thinking of pop in those terms is indeed itself "superficial".

Poppiness just means a certain element in production that makes a song sound more accessible. 5FDP does this by singing with clean vocals (he sounds like a grunge singer, too). Also, certain elements in the rhythm are "poppy", like the catchy and simplistic riffing.

They're very underwhelming for a groove metal band.

Mallcore is a term for goth/emo/juggalos. Lots of them listen to stuff like KSE, A7X, Slipknot and 5FDP.
    Are we breaking the songs down like that? Because I can tell you Five Finger Death Punch songs are NOT easy. Granted, I am not lead guitarist-material but their songs are marked by technical proficiency (sweeps, hammer ons, pinch harmonics and strategically placed palm mutes), speed and extended solos, trademarks of metal. They also do not follow conventional song patterns such as intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus. Also, I will never consider clean vocals poppy, unless suddenly every heavy metal, doom metal and power metal band is poppy. I happen to also be a fan of grunge and personally see no discernible similarities in presentation or technique between Ivan Moody and guys like Myles Kennedy or Scooter Ward, who also kick serious amounts of ass. As for the assertion that they are underwhelming, well, that is the opinion you most certainly have a right to.

I would make the same arguments for Killswitch Engage. Yes, they are considered "big time" by metal standards because they are well-known, play in major festivals and have label support. They make Dio covers. They ha[d] a black lead singer. But they rip hard, and they make damn good tunes. I have no problem with them.

Also thank you for letting me know about mallcore.

And to the topic, Of Stars and Smoke by Candlemass

I had never listened to Five Finger Death Punch before. Ugh, that shit is just not my scene. Not a fan.

Also, Killswitch Engage always reminds me of my ex who banged the singer (before I we dated). She said he has some sort of monstrous cock.

I had never listened to Five Finger Death Punch before. Ugh, that shit is just not my scene. Not a fan.

Also, Killswitch Engage always reminds me of my ex who banged the singer (before I we dated). She said he has some sort of monstrous cock.

Are we breaking the songs down like that? Because I can tell you Five Finger Death Punch songs are NOT easy. Granted, I am not lead guitarist-material but their songs are marked by technical proficiency (sweeps, hammer ons, pinch harmonics and strategically placed palm mutes), speed and extended solos, trademarks of metal. They also do not follow conventional song patterns such as intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus. Also, I will never consider clean vocals poppy, unless suddenly every heavy metal, doom metal and power metal band is poppy. I happen to also be a fan of grunge and personally see no discernible similarities in presentation or technique between Ivan Moody and guys like Myles Kennedy or Scooter Ward, who also kick serious amounts of ass. As for the assertion that they are underwhelming, well, that is the opinion you most certainly have a right to.

I would make the same arguments for Killswitch Engage. Yes, they are considered "big time" by metal standards because they are well-known, play in major festivals and have label support. They make Dio covers. They ha[d] a black lead singer. But they rip hard, and they make damn good tunes. I have no problem with them.

Also thank you for letting me know about mallcore.

And to the topic, Of Stars and Smoke by Candlemass
    No, FFDP is not technically sound. :lol:

They're actually very primitive sounding for a band that frequently employs double bass drumming, and the guitar playing is never at any point anything to be impressed with.

You want to listen to technical aggro metal, then listen to Sepultura/Soulfly or FF, not a group of posers who play weak ass shit like "The Bleeding" and "My Own Hell".

There's certain pop elements in a lot of music, and both bands you're talking about here are poppy metal.

No, FFDP is not technically sound. :lol:

They're actually very primitive sounding for a band that frequently employs double bass drumming, and the guitar playing is never at any point anything to be impressed with.

You want to listen to technical aggro metal, then listen to Sepultura/Soulfly or FF, not a group of posers who play weak ass shit like "The Bleeding" and "My Own Hell".

There's certain pop elements in a lot of music, and both bands you're talking about here are poppy metal.
    I've never listened to those bands but didn't you just refer to a Sepultura song as nu-metal?

And mvp, I seem to have heard that story before but I haven't a clue where (maybe you said it a long time ago?) Are you talking about Howard Jones or Jesse Leach?

To the topic, Broken Wings by Alterbridge

Whichever the black guy is. Howard Jones?

One of my ex's banged way too many guys in bands. Shudder...

And everything by Sepultura since "Roots" is nu metal. Roots is actually considered the first big nu metal record.

Well, ah, at least you have a semi-famous ex. My man Robb Flynn has the major jones' for Sepultura, but I've never really listened to them. One of the CDs I bought features Max Cavalera on vocals though for one song.

To the topic, Infinite Dreams by Iron Maiden

I've never listened to those bands but didn't you just refer to a Sepultura song as nu-metal?

And mvp, I seem to have heard that story before but I haven't a clue where (maybe you said it a long time ago?) Are you talking about Howard Jones or Jesse Leach?

To the topic, Broken Wings by Alterbridge
    Sepultura's Roots is nu metal.