Register now to remove this ad

Page 798 of 932 FirstFirst ... 298698748788796797798799800808848898 ... LastLast
Results 11,956 to 11,970 of 13969

Thread: What song are you listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    King Crimson - The Great Deceiver Album (Live 1973-1974).

I don't like Live albums, cause most of the times the quality and performance is not vey good, but this 4 CD pack Live album is absolutely a gem. IMO this LIVE album is way better than their studio albums from 1969 to 1974.

If you have the opportunity to buy this, and you like prog-rock/art rock, this is a must.
    Love King Crimson, love prog-rock/art-rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Love King Crimson, love prog-rock/art-rock.
    Yeah! one of my fav bands of all times —In my book is at the top five. If you don't have this 4-cd set album, you should get it. It's definitely their best live-material, and arguably better than their studio work from 1969-1974 IMHO. The sound of the instruments like the violin and mellotron sound so clear and with such high fidelity, that it's like you are present in the concert LOL!, reason why I recommend to buy the original cd set —Not sure if it is available in Apple Music. It was pretty cool remastered —in 1992, I guess.

The bad thing is that it's rare to find it in retails —at least here in Mexico. I had to order it from England like 10 years ago or something. At time, I had to put my name on the wait-list and it too like 4 or 5 months to arrive LOL!. Probably these days it's easier to find it in music stores IDK.

Heres a take of the album by François Couture from allmusic.com

In King Crimson's extensive catalog of archival recordings and box sets, The Great Deceiver (Live 1973-1974) is the undisputed winner, the item truly worth acquiring. The four-CD set Frame by Frame, released 18 months earlier, was light on material previously unavailable and included a few edits and overdubs on classic King Crimson tracks that shocked the fans. Epitaph, another four-CD collection culled from the group's first live shows in 1969, boasted understandably flawed sound and more repetitive content. But The Great Deceiver has it all. Over four discs, the set chronicles the on-stage activity between October 1973 and June 1974 of the most powerful King Crimson lineup. Robert Fripp, John Wetton, David Cross, and Bill Bruford were mostly performing material from their previous two LPs (Larks Tongues in Aspic and Starless and Bible Black). Yes, the track list remains pretty much the same from one show to another, but the group approaches each night from a different angle, changing the arrangements on the fly to suit the prevailing mood -- check out the chameleon-esque "Easy Money," presented in four guises, for tangible proof. Most importantly, the group performed unpredictable improvisations that embodied the struggle between order and chaos that Fripp thrived to express in penned songs like "Starless" and "Fracture." The live tapes have been beautifully mastered so that the music hits hard without losing the subtle nuances of Cross' violin. At the time of its release, The Great Deceiver filled a gap in the group's discography (the live album USA had not been officially reissued yet), but even after tons of additional concerts from that period were released by Fripp's label, Discipline, this box set still stands as the definitive argument to consecrate the 1973-1974 Crimson as its most exciting incarnation.
    Last edited by iortiz; 09-12-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

Elvis Costello rocks. Great musician.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Armed Forces and My Aim is True could be one of the best back-to-back albums of all time by anybody.

(I think they were back to back.)

^^You did it! I'm impressed. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    ^^You did it! I'm impressed. LOL
    This 'ole cyber clutz can learn new tricks!

Armed Forces and My Aim is True could be one of the best back-to-back albums of all time by anybody.

(I think they were back to back.)
    I've been an avid fan of Costello since My Aim Is True came out.

This Year's Model followed My Aim Is True. Then came Armed Forces. Three great albums in a row! And the next one, Get Happy!!, was a damn good album too.

Love For Tender - Elvis Costello

Pretty much all of Mac Millers music from when I was in HS. R.I.P Mac

Quote Originally Posted by devildavid View Post
    I've been an avid fan of Costello since My Aim Is True came out.

This Year's Model followed My Aim Is True. Then came Armed Forces. Three great albums in a row! And the next one, Get Happy!!, was a damn good album too.

Love For Tender - Elvis Costello
    Thanks for the clarification. Yes, This Year's Model was a great one, too.

Armed Forces is packed from front to back with spectacular songs.

Watching the Detectives from My Aim is True is stunning, even today.

"She's filing her nails while they're dragging the lake."

Watching the Detectives
    Last edited by moonslav59; 09-07-2018 at 10:11 PM.

The best song writer of our generation.

In my opinion, anyway.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."