Register now to remove this ad

Page 920 of 931 FirstFirst ... 420820870910918919920921922930 ... LastLast
Results 13,786 to 13,800 of 13954

Thread: What song are you listening to?

  1. #13786
    HOF (Micro) Manager Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    17,102
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I was concerned you'd pick something newer and call it an oldie. Whew...

    To me, "oldies" always refers to the 50's - 60's doo wop/pop/surf/Motown/British Invasion stuff, which is now called "golden oldies" apparently. I always loved listening to those radio stations when I worked overnight in the 90's. Radio died when those stations and formats went away.
    I define an oldie as anything pre-2000, or in other words, before my lifetime (or thereabouts)

  2. #13787
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    26,167
    Oldies - Now we're talking.

    You Make Me Feel Brand New - The Stylistics

  3. #13788
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    50,971
    C'mon, do something...

  4. #13789
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    35,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    My wife loves the Stylistics.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

  5. #13790
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    35,978
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    That's a good hard rock song.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

  6. #13791
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    50,971
    C'mon, do something...

  7. #13792
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    50,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    That's a good hard rock song.
    I agree.

    I think the Mt Rushmore of Hard RockTM albums would be:

    Van Halen - self titled
    AC/DC - Back in Black (wanted to put Highway to Hell just because I prefer Bon Scott)
    Metallica - black album
    Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction
    C'mon, do something...

  8. #13793
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    50,971
    A very boring list for sure.
    C'mon, do something...

  9. #13794
    HOF (Micro) Manager Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    17,102
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I agree.

    I think the Mt Rushmore of Hard RockTM albums would be:

    Van Halen - self titled
    AC/DC - Back in Black (wanted to put Highway to Hell just because I prefer Bon Scott)
    Metallica - black album
    Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction
    The opening 30 seconds or so of Appetite for Destruction was the soundtrack of my life until this year. 3rd down at UConn football games.

  10. #13795
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    26,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    My wife loves the Stylistics.
    Your wife has good taste in music.

  11. #13796
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    26,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    That's a good hard rock song.
    I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron.

  12. #13797
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    35,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron.
    You might actually like that Square Hammer song. It's hard rock you can dance to, it has a sort of Eighties synthpop sound mixed in.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

  13. #13798
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,102
    The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill - The Beatles

    The Beatles were so stoned, they even let Yoko Ono sing on a song.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  14. #13799
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,102
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  15. #13800
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,102
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •