Register now to remove this ad

Page 883 of 932 FirstFirst ... 383783833873881882883884885893 ... LastLast
Results 13,231 to 13,245 of 13969

Thread: What song are you listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    One of the first albums I ever bought.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    OMG! This freaks me out!

My friends and I were huge Talking Heads fans and loved that album. We were all out camping in the White Mountains one long weekend, and when we returned, we found out my best friends house had been burned to the ground. His mom was a big activist in her community, a small government subsidized neighborhood, and she rubbed some gang memebers the wrong way.

That song has special meanings to us, now, but we still love the band.

Weird!

I had an apartment fire once in my early 20s-- everything I owned (and I didn't own much) was gone. I found it one of the most liberating events of my life (although I had only lived there a couple of months--unlike these other cases noted above, it didn't have much history with it.). (Let's see, what am I listening to--I think it's going to be Donizetti, Fille du Regiment!--probably not among the big hits here!)

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    That day, that song, it pissed me off. But yea, that band is amazing.
    The greatest concert I've ever been to, and I've been to over 200, was the Talking Heads in Portland, Maine f(8/6/83) or their Speaking in Tongues tour.

Set List:
    First Set:
    Psycho Killer
    Heaven
    Thank You For Sending Me An Angel
    Love -> Building On Fire
    The Book I Read
    Slippery People
    Cities
    Big Blue Plymouth
    Burning Down The House
    Life During Wartime

Second Set:
    Making Flippy Floppy
    Swamp
    What A Day That Was
    This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)
    Once In A Lifetime
    Big Business
    I Zimbra
    Houses In Motion
    Genius Of Love
    Girlfriend Is Better
    Take Me To The River
    Encore: Crosseyed & Painless

Other favorite concerts:

The Psychedelic Furs at The Orphium in Boston around 1981 (Mirror Moves tour)
    David Byrne at some place in Harvard
    Lou Reed at Great Woods
    The Grateful Dead Cumberland County Civic Center in the late 70's and ar Oxford Speedway, ME (2 shows and camping) in the 80's.
    I'll think or more...

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

The greatest concert I've ever been to, and I've been to over 200, was the Talking Heads in Portland, Maine f(8/6/83) or their Speaking in Tongues tour.

Set List:
    First Set:
    Psycho Killer
    Heaven
    Thank You For Sending Me An Angel
    Love -> Building On Fire
    The Book I Read
    Slippery People
    Cities
    Big Blue Plymouth
    Burning Down The House
    Life During Wartime

Second Set:
    Making Flippy Floppy
    Swamp
    What A Day That Was
    This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)
    Once In A Lifetime
    Big Business
    I Zimbra
    Houses In Motion
    Genius Of Love
    Girlfriend Is Better
    Take Me To The River
    Encore: Crosseyed & Painless

Other favorite concerts:

The Psychedelic Furs at The Orphium in Boston around 1981 (Mirror Moves tour)
    David Byrne at some place in Harvard
    Lou Reed at Great Woods
    The Grateful Dead Cumberland County Civic Center in the late 70's and ar Oxford Speedway, ME (2 shows and camping) in the 80's.
    I'll think or more...

They started with Psycho Killer, that would get you going. That band was something else, just so much something the USA wasn't use to. I wasn't too much a fan of it at the time, but later on I found super appreciation for that band.

What was the attraction to the Grateful dead? I feel like I'm missing something there. I know I would have loved being at a concert, but I never really got into the music. I have the feeling if I was in the right mood, it I might have taken more of a liken to it.

Camping for a couple days at a concert is the best. Did that quite a few years in the mountains just out of Tokyo. Top notch artist were there, top notch electronica djs were at night. If I had that "Back to the Future" Delorean, imagine going back and visiting music festivals throughout the ages. Elvis, Buddy Holly, Creedence, Zep....etc.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

One band I saw during a SNOW STORM LATE MARCH in Austin. First SWSX I been to. It was free in some crappy gas station parking lot. I was thinking, these guys are amazing. I saw them a few times later in the next few years in dive bars.

Then they became so popular they became an official SWSX band and you had to pay for the 350 dollar badge to see them.

Don't Break The Needle - J Roddy Walston and The Business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn8M...5cJXwq&index=2
    In our yellow submarine

They started with Psycho Killer, that would get you going. That band was something else, just so much something the USA wasn't use to. I wasn't too much a fan of it at the time, but later on I found super appreciation for that band.

What was the attraction to the Grateful dead? I feel like I'm missing something there. I know I would have loved being at a concert, but I never really got into the music. I have the feeling if I was in the right mood, it I might have taken more of a liken to it.

Camping for a couple days at a concert is the best. Did that quite a few years in the mountains just out of Tokyo. Top notch artist were there, top notch electronica djs were at night. If I had that "Back to the Future" Delorean, imagine going back and visiting music festivals throughout the ages. Elvis, Buddy Holly, Creedence, Zep....etc.
    The Dead are best live. It's more the experience.

I remember seeing Eric Clapton a few weeks before my first Dead concert, and it was Jerry Garcia's guitar playing that blew me away. He just kept going on and on. Memebers of the band came and went as they rested, but Jerry stayed right there jamming away.

I kept almost all my ticket stubs and made a book out of them in chronological order.

The Who at Pontiac Silverdome was awesome. It was a weeks or so after the Cincy show where people got trampled to death.

I've seen the Who, Pink Floyd, U2, the Dead and of course coming from New England, Blue Oyster Cult 3 or more times each.

I was lucky to see Tom Petty just months before he passed away.

The Tom Tom Club was special.

I'm dying to see Sonic Youth, Cat Stevens, Robyn Hitchcock and the Mountain Goats.

Here's two from the Mountain Goats:

FM

Prana Ferox

One band I saw during a SNOW STORM LATE MARCH in Austin. First SWSX I been to. It was free in some crappy gas station parking lot. I was thinking, these guys are amazing. I saw them a few times later in the next few years in dive bars.

Then they became so popular they became an official SWSX band and you had to pay for the 350 dollar badge to see them.

Don't Break The Needle - J Roddy Walston and The Business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn8M...5cJXwq&index=2
    Never heard of this band or song. There is still so much to discover. Think about how so much is out there untapped.

Thanks.

I remember seeing Eric Clapton a few weeks before my first Dead concert, and it was Jerry Garcia's guitar playing that blew me away. He just kept going on and on. Memebers of the band came and went as they rested, but Jerry stayed right there jamming away.

I kept almost all my ticket stubs and made a book out of them in chronological order.

The Who at Pontiac Silverdome was awesome. It was a weeks or so after the Cincy show where people got trampled to death.

I've seen the Who, Pink Floyd, U2, the Dead and of course coming from New England, Blue Oyster Cult 3 or more times each.

I'm dying to see Sonic Youth, Cat Stevens, Robyn Hitchcock and the Mountain Goats.

FM

Prana Ferox

I'd love to see the WHO and I'm a huge Cat Stevens fan. I can sing Van Morrison's Moondance song anytime, anywhere.

You edge me a bit in years, just a bit. And I was as much as a angry youth as I am today an angry adult. So my beginning music shows years were Metallica and Iron Maiden and Ministry and Helmet. But I grew up on the stuff you listened to and learned to appreciate what I didn't know quite soon after my heavy metal years. If I had to do it all again, I'd be a hippie. But with a shaving razor for the gals armpits.
    Last edited by SoxHop; 06-29-2020 at 10:56 PM.
    In our yellow submarine

I suggest everybody listen to this song. Very sad and poignant, but beautiful at the same time:

The Night We Met - Lord Huron
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

This Is Us - Jimmie Allen, Noah Cyrus

Yes, that's Miley's sister

( I won't say the "C word.")

I'd love to see the WHO and I'm a huge Cat Stevens fan. I can sing Van Morrison's Moondance song anytime, anywhere.

You edge me a bit in years, just a bit. And I was as much as a angry youth as I am today an angry adult. So my beginning music shows years were Metallica and Iron Maiden and Ministry and Helmet. But I grew up on the stuff you listened to and learned to appreciate what I didn't know quite soon after my heavy metal years. If I had to do it all again, I'd be a hippie. But with a shaving razor for the gals armpits.
    I skipped heavy metal pretty much all together.

I was a huge Who fan in college. That's where the "moon" comes from in my site name: Keith Moon.

I recently videoed me singing "Where do the Children Play" and "Oh, Very Young" and posted them on Facebook. I've been told I sound just like him.

Moondance is a classic. One of my favorite Van Morrison songs is...

TB Sheets

It's a great remake of an old John Lee Hooker tune...

TB Sheets
    -John Lee Hooker

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

FM

Prana Ferox

I saw Sonic Youth on the Washing Machine tour and they were disappointing - I'm not sure they played any tracks from Dirty, which is my favorite album by far.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.