Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2004 Minor League organizational rankings

Triple A

Re: 2004 Minor League organizational rankings

I'm tired of Sox fans masturbating over their farm system, its good but not great. Its better than the Yankees, but not as far as you say.

Overall the Sox have more legit prospects, but being the way the Yankees draft, they're prospects have more upside, which is about all I can say. Obviously...

Shoppach > Poterson... but Poterson has far more potential because of his simply ridiculous power. RS
    Pedroia = Cano... is bullshit. Pedroia hasn't touched major league soil yet, and Cano has more obvious power and will hit for a much higher average. Yanks
    Hanley > Carl Henry/Marcos Vechionacci... only as of right now, because Henry has just as much potential as Hanley if not more. Vechionacci also has a huge upside but no where near as much as Hanley. RS
    Youk > Duncan... is also bullshit. Duncan is much younger and has much more power. The difference is the strikeout numbers and defense, but Duncan takes his walks, but K's a ton. He's non-contact at this point. Yanks
    Ellsbury > Melky... ain't gonna even touch that. RS
    Lester > Hughes... is very, very debatable. Sorry, but it isn't as simple as that. Hughes is probably rated under because he has less innings racked up, is right-handed, and has been injured a few times. Even
    Papelbon > Wang... Papelbon has more upside, but Wang is MLB proven and pressure proven. Even
    Sanchez > Henn/Clippard... Obviously Red Sox. Henn and Clippard are nice, Henn could be an OK back of the rotation starter and Clippard could be a Wang type pitcher in a few years, but Sanchez has ace potential. RS
    Hansen > Cox... Cox played in a tougher league and is pressure proven but Hansen is just plain better. RS
    Declarmen > Morrison... Won't even touch that one either. RS

So, by my analysis the Sox win 6-2, with a couple of splits mixed in.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by yankeessuck013
    papelbon threw last night vs radke, who is a good pitcher. papelbon went 5 1/3 inings, 4 hits, 7 SO, 2 ER.....I think that's a pretty good ML debut
    i appologize, ive been somewhat out of it, i should have known that he pitched last night. But you cant argue Wangs success.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie
    I'm tired of Sox fans masturbating over their farm system, its good but not great. Its better than the Yankees, but not as far as you say.

Overall the Sox have more legit prospects, but being the way the Yankees draft, they're prospects have more upside, which is about all I can say. Obviously...

Shoppach > Poterson... but Poterson has far more potential because of his simply ridiculous power. RS
    Pedroia = Cano... is bullshit. Pedroia hasn't touched major league soil yet, and Cano has more obvious power and will hit for a much higher average. Yanks
    Hanley > Carl Henry/Marcos Vechionacci... only as of right now, because Henry has just as much potential as Hanley if not more. Vechionacci also has a huge upside but no where near as much as Hanley. RS
    Youk > Duncan... is also bullshit. Duncan is much younger and has much more power. The difference is the strikeout numbers and defense, but Duncan takes his walks, but K's a ton. He's non-contact at this point. Yanks
    Lester > Hughes... is very, very debatable. Sorry, but it isn't as simple as that. Hughes is probably rated under because he has less innings racked up, is right-handed, and has been injured a few times. Even
    Papelbon > Wang... Papelbon has more upside, but Wang is MLB proven and pressure proven. Even
    Sanchez > Henn/Clippard... Obviously Red Sox. Henn and Clippard are nice, Henn could be an OK back of the rotation starter and Clippard could be a Wang type pitcher in a few years, but Sanchez has ace potential. RS
    Hansen > Cox... Cox played in a tougher league and is pressure proven but Hansen is just plain better. RS

Boogie, Vechionacci is playin 3B and OF this year

And I still guve CF to the Yanks, Melky is going to be great.

Evil Emperor

for now i feel its even. Both were good in college, Cox played in a tougher conference, but i still like Hansen better, i have it even because neither have suffiecent Minor League time. But there have been players who were supposed to be great out of college and didnt make it, thats why i said its even for now.

Riverside Sluggers:...Good for Youk, but Duncan is going to be better, he is more highly touted around baseball and is a better bat. Youk is good, but while Duncan is playing third, he gets the vote.

duncan is stinking up the joint in AAA right now, guarantee he gets traded as long as steinbrenner is at the helm. in fact most of the guys you mentioned will get traded except hughes....still feel lester is better than hughes....he threw a CG yesterday in AA...he is going to be special.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie

So average is the know-all and end all? What Cano lacks is secondary playing skills, he doesn't walk much, and isn't very good defensively. Pedoria is much more polished all around, he'll walk much more then he'll strike out. Just look at all the AB's Cano has struck out on, you can easily get him out with changeups, he doesn't have the discpline to lay off them. While Cano will be very good, I think Pedoria will be very good as well.

You know how Red Sox fans rip Bellhorn? That's how the Yankee fans will be ripping Duncan. I've seen Duncan play a lot of times, and against the old SaraSox. Papelbon, and Lester, on consecutive nights made him look like Mark Bellhorn. He's hitting .233 right now, and while he may be good, Youkilis is the much safer bet to be better.

As for the whole Wang story, Yankee fans are so quick to annoit him a star, and how he shows poise in a May start against the Delgadoless Blue Jays. He's K to BB ratio is LESS THAN 2. And his K/9 IP is less then 4. Sounds like a Carl Pavano waiting to happen, your own Michael Kay said so himself, and he's more biased then PETA is on issues.

I'm going to agree with you on the Hughes/Lester debate, I believe both will be very, very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6
    maybe thats this year without Navarro, but thats what the book said.

And BTW...i doubt the Yankees made this up, this came from the official rankings, just get over it and stop crying about it.

Yo Crespo, get over your feelings about a guy who was up and down between Boston and Pawtucket last year and is now in Nashville with the Pirates, get a new name...Idiot
    I felt like bumping this thread, in case any Yankee fans want to start agreeing with my new motion. Robinson Cano, sucks. So does Wang, but I won't throw any serious facts out, until someone tries to defend that Cano and Wang are perennial all-stars.

As for me changing my name, first off I don't want to, it's been that way since May of last year. I'm sorry I'm not one of your faggot friends, who change their screen name every five minutes. Good God, I hate people who do that.

And besides, why the fuck would I even care what you say. You're IQ probably doesn't even equal a respectable Earthquake.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.