Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June 6th @ Kansas City

lowe pitching, im not confient at all. got this off of redsox.com

Lowe hopes to snap out of funk
    Boston (32-23) at Kansas City (21-33), 2:05 p.m. ET
    By Ian Browne / MLB.com

The Red Sox ended their team slump by downing the Royals on Saturday night. Derek Lowe will try and end his own slump Sunday afternoon, and conclude this five-game road trip on a winning note for the Red Sox.

In 11 starts this season, the sinkerballer has pitched seven innings just once.

As for the Boston bats, they hope to build momentum off their 13-hit attack on Saturday.

The Sox enter the day 2 1/2 games behind the Yankees in the AL East.

Pitching matchup

BOS: RHP Derek Lowe
    4-5, 6.84 ERA in 2004
    0-1, 6.35 vs. KC in 2004
    1-4, 5.04 lifetime vs. KC

KC: LHP Chris George
    0-0, 4.05 ERA in 2004
    First appearance vs. BOS in 2004
    0-2, 4.22 lifetime vs. BOS

Players to watch
    No. 2 hitter Mark Bellhorn has reached base in 49 of 53 games this season. He's hitting .361 in his last 14 games. ... Desi Relaford has had good success against Lowe, going 5-for-12 with a double and two homers.

Quotable
    "We'd like to get on a little roll here and get back to the team that we know we are." -- Curt Schilling, hoping Saturday's victory will rejuvenate his team

Nice to get back in the win column along with a yankees loss last night. Let's hope Derek Lowe has his head on straight today and doesn't lose his cool because of a bad call or a rough inning. We need to get some momemtum built up for the rest of June.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>&gt;&gt; BostonSportsNation.com &lt;&lt;</span>

Not confident whatsoever. I&#39;m not looking forward to this game.

Man, I wish Darrel May pitched today for KC. We might have shot at winning if that happened. But in all seriousness I really don&#39;t know what to expect from Derek today. He could suck as usual or he could be decent and maybe get back on track. I just want him to keep us in the ballgame.
    Baseball isn&#39;t life and death but the Red Sox are.

All-Star
    This game is going to be 11-6, Royals lead and all runs charged to Lowe through 6 innings.

im looking for a great outing from lowe (only 6 ER) and so good hitting and we can hopefully pull it right out of lowes ass

oh no, crepsos playing...

Originally posted by YanksHater213@Jun 6 2004, 02:17 PM
    oh no, crepsos playing...
    well, we need all the offense we can get with Lowe on the hill......

wow, lowe needs to pull his head out of his ass and learn to pitch again

All-Star
    WTF, 2-0 Royals after one inning. Lowe&#39;s season ERA: 7.05. I&#39;m expecting that to climb by the end of his outing.

This has almost become funny. What is going on with Derek?

All-Star
    I want to see it get up to 9.00 so I can say to my grandkids that I saw the worst player ever play. Yes, even worse than Cesar Crespo when he&#39;s still on the team sixty years from now.

HOLY CRAP, CRAPSPO GOT A HIT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; EVERYONE SHOULD BOW DOWN TO HIM&#33;&#33;&#33;

Originally posted by Zenny@Jun 6 2004, 01:36 PM
    I want to see it get up to 9.00 so I can say to my grandkids that I saw the worst player ever play. Yes, even worse than Cesar Crespo when he&#39;s still on the team sixty years from now.
    whoa whoa whoa. lowe was good last year. he just sucks this year. crespo sucks, and always will, crespo is the official worst player ever, and your grandkids could see him if he ever gets another job

It&#39;s almost as if Lowe isn&#39;t trying anymore.