Register now to remove this ad

Thread: ST over

GPFT FINAL
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    BOSTON 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 9 0
    ATLANTA 0 0 0 2 0 0 2 1 x 5 10 0 FINAL

Final box score for the last spring training game. It was far from a good performance, but starting tomorrow, the games count. This spring training has left a lot of questions up in the air regarding injuries/peformance/contract disputes and whatnot. Lets hope it all works out for the best

About time... it's funny how anxious we are for ST to start, and how anxious we are for it to end.

I know what you mean. I was crossing off the days on my calander until the big ST started, and now its over.

On a semi-related note, I have yet to realize that baseball season is starting. Well, it already started, and thats the problem. They started a week ago in Japan, IN JAPAN! I didnt watch the game, I barely even saw highlights! Its like the game never happened.

I'd much prefer it if tomorrow were opening day, that way it would be a ritual, a sacred moment in the life of a baseball fan. But no, tomorrow is the second game of the season, nothing special beacuse japan HAD to see godsucka play!

Dammit MLB!

That "Opening Day" was a joke. Everyone in the USA is going to be watching the Sox/Orioles on ESPN for the real OPENING DAY.

the only thin i enjoyed about opening day in japan was waking up for school and having a baseball game on... other than that its pretty stupid to have it in japan
    BostonSportsTalkForum <- Check it out

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.&quot;
    -Dave Barry

At least the Yanks dropped the Opener.

I will be wearing my Pedro jersey and counting down the hours tomorrow. The start of Red Sox Baseball 2004. It&#39;s a beautiful thing.
    Baseball isn&#39;t life and death but the Red Sox are.

Originally posted by dirtdogman5@Apr 3 2004, 10:51 PM
    I will be wearing my Pedro jersey and counting down the hours tomorrow. The start of Red Sox Baseball 2004. It&#39;s a beautiful thing.
    well ill b wearing my ted williams jersey and counting down the hours, mins, and secs tomororow

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.&quot;
    -Dave Barry

ESPN Classic is showing the best (and worst for us) playoff games tomorrow starting early in the morning. I believe among them are NLDS Game 5 between Cubs/Braves, Sox/A&#39;s Game 5, Sox/Yanks Game 3, Cubs/Marlins Game 6 and the only one I probably won&#39;t click onto: Sox/Yanks Game 7.

I just watched the 2003 season recap on NESN about an hour ago. It was painful, but some parts were good. Its funny because Millar, who was attempting to be the narrator almost, tried to remain as neutral as possible, saying Zim slipped and Manny got a little excited. It was funny.

i watched that today too...... its pretty good, except for that last part towards the ending, i turned it off b4 they showed it all i saw was wakefield start to throw.... havents seen the replay of that since it happend, dont plain on n e time soon either

-Dave Barry

Originally posted by FourZeroSix@Apr 3 2004, 11:16 PM
    ESPN Classic is showing the best (and worst for us) playoff games tomorrow starting early in the morning. I believe among them are NLDS Game 5 between Cubs/Braves, Sox/A&#39;s Game 5, Sox/Yanks Game 3, Cubs/Marlins Game 6 and the only one I probably won&#39;t click onto: Sox/Yanks Game 7.
    Thanks for the heads up, man. I was able to catch the bottom of the ninth for game 5 of the ALDS and if I wasn&#39;t pumped before (which I certainly was) I definitely am now. Now I gotta watch my Cowboy Up DVD.
    Baseball isn&#39;t life and death but the Red Sox are.