Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Ty Law

apparently YES!!!

Law, once disgruntled, now wants to retire with Patriots

June 10, 2004
    FOXBORO, Mass. (AP) -- After an offseason during which he said his coach was a liar and declared he no longer wanted play for the New England Patriots, Ty Law says all is well between him and team.

Law met with coach Bill Belichick on Thursday, the first day of the team's minicamp, and emerged to declare that he wanted to retire a Patriot.

``It's just time to move on, the past is the past,'' he told reporters after the meeting, about which he gave few details. ``Things happen, this is a business. I'm a Patriot and I'm glad to be.''

ADVERTISEMENT

Law was key part of New England's second Super Bowl title in three years. But since the season's end, he's battled with the team over an extension of his current contract, which has $16.9 million remaining over two years. The team offered a four-year, $26 million extension, including a $6.6 million bonus, but Law said it was ``a slap in the face.''

``I can't even see myself putting on that uniform again, that's how bad I feel about playing here,'' he said at the time. He also had said Belichick ``gets paid to lie.''

Though he took a conciliatory tone Thursday, Law expressed uncertainty when asked if he expected to be with New England at the start of the season. He added he wanted to help the Patriots defend their championship.

In order for Law to leave New England, the team would have to trade or release him.
    heres the link- http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-p...ov=ap&type=lgns

All-Star
    I guess I'd be more than okay if he stayed with the Pats - even with his attitude. He's been a crucial part of the team.