Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: June 17th @ Colorado

Hybrid View

--->Derek Lowe #32 --->--->5-5, 5.83

@

--->Aaron Cook #28--->---> 1-1, 6.23

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Derek Lowe #32 Career vs.COL-------->1-0, 8.22, 4 K. 1 BB

Aaron Cook #28 Career vs. BOS------->Has never faced the Boston Red Sox

The self-esteem of RSN is in the hands of Derek Lowe. Be afraid. Be very afraid. :blink:

Triple A
    Even though he got a no-decision in his last start, Lowe pitched a great game. If Manny didn't drop that pop fly, it would have been game-over and Foulke would've capped Lowe's 8 inning shutout of the Dodgers, who aren't a bunch of slouches. Like Petey, Lowe just needed some mechanics worked out and Dave Wallace did a nice job of taking care of him. Lowe will be fine tonight...it is really up to the RED SOX OFFENSE!!

I fear for Lowe because he relies on a breaking pitch, and breaking pitches don't break as well at Coors as they do elsewhere. At least his confidence should be up going into this game, and Pokey should be behind him to help with that as well.

All-Star
    Just a bit of info - Lowe is 1-0 with a 1.50 ERA in 2 starts in June. That's not much to judge him on, but maybe he's settling down.

All-Star
    WHOA! Did you know the sox have hit a double in 40 straight games? That's the longest active streak in the MLB right now.

All-Star
    Oh Jesus. I can't believe that we are going to be swept by the Rockies.

THE F'IN ROCKIES!!!!!

Rookie
    I'm expecting the worst, honestly. I now only expect to win when Pedro or Schilling are on the hill. That's 2 out of every 5 games... may be even fewer if Schilling goes out. That's how bad it is right now.

I also expect Bonds to rip us apart this weekend and Schmidt to throw a shutout on Sunday.

I dont know. I bet Lowe will pitch better than Schilling did yesterday. He's a sinkerballer, so he's got that working for him. He also has two very good starts under his belt (in a row, mind you). If he can get us a win, I bet a lot of the "WE'RE DOOMED!" attitude will go away. But if he implodes.... then all hell will break loose.

I predict this game will be all-or-nothing for Lowe. They say his game is "on" when he's getting a lot of grounders (good in Coors), and if he's giving up flyballs, bad news.

Some groundball pitchers do well in Coors (Tom Glavine)
    Some don't do so well (Mike Hampton)

Coors is a mystery. I had nightmares (not literally) about the Sox in that ballpark (because of it's reputation), and I will be relieved that they won't have to play there again this season.
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"
    Chris Farley (Tommy Callahan)

Major Leaguer
    just a reminder the game is on at 3 today

looks like there is great potential for a rain delay. major storm heading towards denver, although it doesn't look like it should last too long.

Just what we need, extra time for Lowe to sit around getting stressed out. Someone get the poor man some Prozac! :lol:

If he does what he is supposed to do and keeps the ball down, he should be okay. The defense behind him looks good with Pokey back in there. (Not sure how Belhorn is at third - he's in instead of Youks). But if Lowe is even the slightest bit off his game, it has potential to get really ugly.

It's only June... It's only June... :unsure:

Doppler:

The sox are.... dare I say....winning 2-0. Will it last?

Triple A
    all we need to do is make it through 5...it appears to be raining in Denver, according to dopplar, but game is still going on per MLB Gameday. Bottom 3, still 2-0 Sox...