Register now to remove this ad

Page 340 of 471 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 7063

Thread: Official NBA thread

Re: Official NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by NCPack2889;767459;
    "It" is major media hype, when major columnist proclaim you have it. I don't know if you watched the Nuggets and Thunder series, but Kobe didn't have "it." He was awful in the clutch, but because he made a big shot here and there in the past, and has rings, it was enough for the talking heads to proclaim he had "it."

I'm sorry, but I really think people are swayed by the major hype they are given. Looking at the numbers, none of those guys really have "it." Except LeBron, who has been the more efficient player in clutch situations than either Kobe or Wade. Looks like statistics bust the preconceived notions....
    I think it's fair to say that Kobe is past his prime and " on his last legs " .... The fact that he had a horrible postseason in his career should not take away from every thing he has done previously? I don't even like Kobe, but I still realize the impact he has had in his career

Quote Originally Posted by User Name?;767444;
    He had "it" in Cleveland.

When given a second offensive option the truth about the guy came out. The guy's not only not comfortable taking that last second shot, but he's also a very unselfish basketball player overall, so he'll pass the ball to the open man if he's double-teamed. And make no mistake, he's the guy other teams will double up on in the final seconds of a close game, not Wade.

But of course, that's a double-edged sword.
    That's his only weakness. No one was openly hating on LeBron this much when he was in Cleveland. Move to a big market team, and all of a sudden he is basketball's Antichrist, and the worst player of all time, and apparently doesn't take ANY shots in the final minutes, if you are to believe the popular opinion on the internet. They will argue against ANY AND ALL statistics, proof, and facts if it goes against their "argument" that LeBron is terrible. Imagine if the internet had been like this back when Michael Jordan was in his prime, there would probably be some pretty similar ridiculous rhetoric.

I just love how people like to complain when superstars constantly have their hands all over a possession, but the moment they play real basketball and hand the ball off, they are a choker. Anyone who complains about something like that so much cannot be a real fan of basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by youmetaxidermy;767517;
    I just love how people like to complain when superstars constantly have their hands all over a possession, but the moment they play real basketball and hand the ball off, they are a choker. Anyone who complains about something like that so much cannot be a real fan of basketball.
    Oh God you just became my favorite poster.
    We miss you Mike.

Welcome, sir.

I love watching traditional basketball. Lots of passing, lots of teamwork, lots of technique. Just because you're the best player on the team does not mean you should be the only one to take the potential game winning shot. This is why I am such a big fan of Spoelstra. Despite having a menacing Big 3, he makes sure that the entire team shares responsibility in any win or loss and the ball gets around. Once Miami acquires a true star point guard, you will see this even more.

Quote Originally Posted by youmetaxidermy;767517;
    That's his only weakness. No one was openly hating on LeBron this much when he was in Cleveland. Move to a big market team, and all of a sudden he is basketball's Antichrist, and the worst player of all time, and apparently doesn't take ANY shots in the final minutes, if you are to believe the popular opinion on the internet. They will argue against ANY AND ALL statistics, proof, and facts if it goes against their "argument" that LeBron is terrible. Imagine if the internet had been like this back when Michael Jordan was in his prime, there would probably be some pretty similar ridiculous rhetoric.

No " real fan " would never of questioned Jordan?? Even haters respected the man? When Jordan had the ball down 1 with 20 seconds to go, you'd bet your life savings the bulls were going to win the game... For you to even speculate that people would of bashed Jordan like they do lebron makes you an idiot in my eyes, or your too young to have actually watched him play..

People bash lebron because he thinks he's the GOAT, When we all know there's only one #23....

I watched the Bulls play. The Bulls were my number one team growing up (Seattle being my number two), and I watched his games all of the time. I grew up in the Jordan era. The reason why no one dissed him was because the sports media was nowhere near as obsessively snarky as it is today, and the internet was nowhere near where it is today, where any idiot can hate on anything just because he can whether what he says has any basis in reality or not. I'm not saying that any bashing of MJ back in the day would have been ACCURATE, but I could see it happening if it was happening in today's world. You seem to forget that the generation we live in now is far more cynical than any prior to it.

LeBron also is more humble than you seem to believe he is. Have you actually followed his life and career? He hero worships MJ and acknowledges that he is the best of all time. This is what I'm talking about. Anyone with a keyboard and mouse is now able to invent the man's biography, way of thinking, and playing ability through sheer hyperbole.

So saying that there's the possibility that the media may have somehow turned on Jordan makes someone an idiot?

What are you talking about?
    We miss you Mike.

The internet in a nutshell.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a lebron " hater" per say, I do realize that he's the best overall player in the NBA, but even as good as he is, it just seems that he can't take over a game in a crucial spot the way Jordan or magic did...
    And your right, the "star" shouldn't take every crucial shot, but it seems to me that lebron shy's away from them... Like the other night, some people say " he was triple-teamed"!!!! No, lebron dribbled into the strong side of the defense, he had an iso on the left side, with kg rotating over... Lebron could of gotten alot higher % shot if he went to his left than the 17-ft fadeaway with kg's hand in his face that haslem took

Oh and I do believe alot of people " bashed " lebron for the way he was a no-show against the celtics in the playoffs when he was with Cleveland..

If you're not a hater i don't know what a hater is. You're also the only person i've seen spouting this stuff about dribbling into the D's strong side. It was a pre-determined play that the C's countered.
    We miss you Mike.

Can you name any series that Jordan was a " no-show " in the playoffs?

You're making no sense.

Jordan is Jordan, Lebron is Lebron. No one is comparing the two. What in heaven's name are you trying to imply?
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name?;767540;
    If you're not a hater i don't know what a hater is. You're also the only person i've seen spouting this stuff about dribbling into the D's strong side. It was a pre-determined play that the C's countered.
    Your saying that the play they drew up with 20 seconds left and two of the best players in the NBA was for haslem to take the last shot? I may have read that wrong, maybe you were implying something else?

I don't think there was any play, other than isolate James and let him Decide what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by ellsburyforMVP;767545;
    Your saying that the play they drew up with 20 seconds left and two of the best players in the NBA was for haslem to take the last shot? I may have read that wrong, maybe you were implying something else?

I don't think there was any play, other than isolate James and let him Decide what to do?
    I'm implying they d'ed up pretty well. What does that have to do with Haslem?
    We miss you Mike.

Inventing an argument that no one else is trying to make with you is not how you win a debate. This has nothing to do with MJ - all I said is that he would be under more scrutiny if he was playing in today's world. Which is true. No one in sports is safe in 2012, even if they turn water to wine while they get a triple double. I also never said that LeBron was without weaknesses. He just isn't as terrible and overrated as 90% of the internet seems to think he is. Amateur sports journalism is pretty much all hyperbole and nothing else.

Besides that, come on, the Celtics have one of the best defensive squads in the Association. Even LBJ is going to run into major problems with that kind of squad.