Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;777650;
    Want me to spoil the suspense?
    Sources say Fab Melo
    And the Lord said, "Go Sox"

People tell me that I'm patronizing.
    (That's when you talk down to people)

Re: Official NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Show;777649;
    Agreed. I also think that regardless of who goes 22nd, this draft was a success for us.
    I say roll the dice, take jones... If 1 turns out to be healthy we have a top 10 guy, IF both stay healthy?? Wow

They do.

I don't care for that. Going into tonight I would've been fine with Melo at 22, but with Moultrie still on the board, ehhhh.

All-Star

I don't love the Fab Melo pick, but I don't hate it. I think he can be a serviceable NBA center as long as Doc coaches him right.
    And the Lord said, "Go Sox"

People tell me that I'm patronizing.
    (That's when you talk down to people)

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Show;777655;
    I don't love the Fab Melo pick, but I don't hate it. I think he can be a serviceable NBA center as long as Doc coaches him right.
    If he can defend above average and help keep the opposing teams offensive rebounds down, we can't ask for much more

Perry Jones falls to the Thunder. Sam Presti is laughing at the NBA right now.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;777681;
    Perry Jones falls to the Thunder. Sam Presti is laughing at the NBA right now.
    As a Thunder fan I'm very pleased with this pick. I hoped either Perry or Nicholson (I just like the guy, not much for basketball reasons) will fall to our hands. In OKC Perry will have time to grow in a hard working environment. It's medium risk high reward and it's well worth it with the current roster.
    Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good too.

Steve Nash is headed to the Lakers for draft picks in a sign-and-trade.

Number six is well within reach for Kobe. Only one who can fuck this up this Kobe himself.

Now that Lebron has 1 under his belt the pressure is off . The Heat are going to be tough to beat .
    Nash is also way past his prime and Kobe is on the Decline .
    They also have OKC in their way

That's a lot of draft picks to give up

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules;781074;
    Nash is also way past his prime and Kobe is on the Decline .
    They also have OKC in their way

That's a lot of draft picks to give up
    I wouldn't be to worried about Nash, he's still incredibly effective offensively and a remarkably consistent performer, even at 38 years old.

The Lakers have instantly gone from a struggling team on offense to one with incredible potential. Nash at the point, Kobe on the wing, with Gasol and Bynum up front (at least for now) Good luck guarding those guys. The potential for spectacularly entertaining basketball is very strong.

Bynum is the biggest winner. The guy averaged almost 19 PPG last year on just 13 FG attempts. For a guy with his post skills, that's criminal. The main culprit was Kobe's selfishness and the lack of ball movement in the Lakers offense. Nash will get him more shots AND provides a huge threat on the perimeter that the defense can't ignore. Bynum could put up well over 20 PPG next year, and his defense will likely improve as a result of being more involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;781136;
    Bynum is the biggest winner. The guy averaged almost 19 PPG last year on just 13 FG attempts. For a guy with his post skills, that's criminal. The main culprit was Kobe's selfishness and the lack of ball movement in the Lakers offense. Nash will get him more shots AND provides a huge threat on the perimeter that the defense can't ignore. Bynum could put up well over 20 PPG next year, and his defense will likely improve as a result of being more involved.
    That won't stop Kobe selfishness , He'll shoot the ball even when tripled teamed .
    He'll probly criticize Nash for not passing him the ball

Nash will take ballhandling duties from Kobe though, so his selfishness won't be as big a factor. Again, Kobe's the only one who can fuck this up. He made the recruiting pitch for Nash, so if he doesn't like the way it works out, that's his fault.

Dwight Howard is headed to the Lakers

the Lakers will receive Howard, the Denver Nuggets will acquire Andre Iguodala, the 76ers will receive Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson, and the Magic will get Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic and one protected future first-round pick from each of the three teams.

In addition, the Magic will be getting other pieces, including 76ers No. 1 draft pick Moe Harkless, a source told Stein.

No Gasol? Home run for LA. Sixers did great too, getting Bynum. Could see them being the atlantic division champions. Celtics will be dropping off any time now, Nets aren't that good, Knicks will never be that good with that nucleus.