Register now to remove this ad

Page 409 of 472 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,135 of 7070

Thread: Official NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    These playoffs suck.

I don't really care who wins. The remaining teams are flawed basketball product in my eyes.
    ??? It seems what you're saying is that the NBA itself is a flawed product.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    ??? It seems what you're saying is that the NBA itself is a flawed product.
    Yes, I guess that I am.

I don't like the product on the court. They stand around and take 35 footers. That is not the game I played and loved for so long.

I miss inside, low post action.

But got to give fans what they want!
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Yes, I guess that I am.

I don't like the product on the court. They stand around and take 35 footers. That is not the game I played and loved for so long.

I miss inside, low post action.

But got to give fans what they want!
    It is a very different game today. The guys on Golden State hit three pointers like they are layups. They are incredible. I like watching the playoffs, but generally I don't watch the NBA because the first 3 quarters are meaningless. You just need to watch the last 2 minutes.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Interesting that the best player in the NBA and the best player in the NHL both have the initials SC and are both in the Finals. Well, interesting to me anyway.

That is if you see Curry as the best player in the league.

I don't. But it is of no importance, really.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I don't know much about Basketball, but Stephen Curry seems to be the consensus best player. From the little that I have seen from him, he is on another planet. He makes great players like Westbrook look like second tier.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

It is a very different game today. The guys on Golden State hit three pointers like they are layups. They are incredible. I like watching the playoffs, but generally I don't watch the NBA because the first 3 quarters are meaningless. You just need to watch the last 2 minutes.
    I agree.

I used to follow the ABA as best as I could, even before Julius was drafted by the Virginia Squires. That league was so fun to watch. Most teams had at least one guy who specialized in 3 pointers. Guys like Mack Calvin, Billy Melchiore, and George Lehman.

In fact Lehman's 3 point shot had a name "Screamin' Lehmans", lol. He had the advantage ( I guess ) of having a googley eyeball which looked in another direction from his other eye. It used to fuck other players up not knowing where he was going to go!

The 3 point shot was introduced as a novelty to help the struggling league gain popularity. It was rarely used as a weapon nor was it the focus of a team's offensive strategy. All teams tried to have a big man in the middle who played with his back to the rim and who's job it was to protect the rim, block shots, rebound, and score follow up baskets.

The NBA has gotten away from that style of play. It now has every team with one or two 7 footers standing on the perimeter passing the ball or bombing away along with all the guards and swingmen.

To me, it makes for boring play.

The problem now is the big men in today's NBA can't really do anything besides dunk and rebound, or they just specify in shooting 3s (like a Ryan Anderson type), which is a new trend that coaches want all bigs doing. The best centers in the league are guys like Andre Drummond, Deandre Jordan and Dwight Howard who don't really have post moves, can't shoot to save their life and rely on athleticism rather than fundamentals of the game. Its pathetic you are in the NBA and air ball free throws and shoot mid range jumpers off the top of the backboard, like these guys do consistently.

The league today is so guard oriented that even the few guys who do bang down low and get buckets, get very little respect from referees. For example, Demarcus Cousins is the best center in the league in my opinion, but watching him play is so frustrating because he will make a great move, go to the rim, get hammered and because he's so big and doesn't really flop, the refs let teams get away with molesting him. Meanwhile, if James Harden or Chris Paul go to the lane and flop and flail their arms, they get two free throws, this has to be frustrating for a guy like Cousins, who this year became more of a three point shooter and mid range shooter to adopt to the game. There is no way a guy like Harden should shoot 200 more free throws a year then Cousins, when Cousins lives in paint and Harden flops all game. And if you can't tell, I despise James Harden and his play style.

I honestly think Lebron is still the best player, but that's just me.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    "Excuse me, are you chOKing?"
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I honestly think Lebron is still the best player, but that's just me.
    Lebron is an established superstar, all-time great without a doubt. I think Curry has reached the superstar level too, for a much shorter period of time obviously. He's probably getting more attention partially because he's the new kid in town.

Should be a good Finals I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    "Excuse me, are you chOKing?"
    I like OKC Blunder better.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

I've developed an irrational hate for the Warriors. Can't stand them. Don't hate them individually, but despise the team. Fuck them.
    We miss you Mike.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I like OKC Blunder better.
    Or the more traditional "can't spell choke without OKC"
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Or the more traditional "can't spell choke without OKC"
    Or the Thunder logo with a Crying Jordan in place of the basketball.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you