Register now to remove this ad

Page 418 of 472 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 7070

Thread: Official NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    No team gets better by losing a top 5 player in the NBA. Westbrook already said he won't sign an extension and is likely leaving in off-season and has been rumored to be in trade talks.. Thunder went from a potential dynasty to a team that reminds me a lot of the 90s Magic.
    I don't really care. I still feel like there is something magical in the air. You know the fan base won't let them stay down too long, if they go down at al.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I don't really care. I still feel like there is something magical in the air. You know the fan base won't let them stay down too long, if they go down at al.
    The Thunder do have a good fan base, it sucks to see a team waste the talent though. This team had so much talent in KD, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka and Jeff Green and had bad luck and then this unexpected move by Durant. It sucks. I liked rooting for OKC (I love Westbrook) and since my team (Wizards) very rarely make playoffs and much-less compete for a championship I was rooting for Thunder a lot.

Realistically I don't see them as a title contender at all anymore, but if Westbrook stays, him and Oladipo should be fun to watch at least.

Curry/Thompson/Durant/Green

Iguodala and Livingston are still on the team and you can guarantee old ring hungry veterans will sign cheap like they always do (David West last year, Battier/Allen with Heat, Richard Jefferson with Cavs, etc).

This is going to be so dumb.
    There's only one basketball. They're also getting rid of Bogut (and I think Ezeli as well) to make way for Durant, so there goes a good chunk of their interior defense. Kevin Durant is Kevin Durant, but what weaknesses did the last two Warriors teams have that he solves? Yeah, he's a way better shooter and scorer than Barnes, but I don't recall those being problem areas for Golden State. Infinite offense isn't a thing.

I'm not buying any of this "R.I.P. NBA" shit. People said the same thing when Payton and Malone went to the Lakers and again when LeBron went to the Heat. The 2004 Lakers look ridiculous in hindsight, the Heat needed a year to figure out how to play together, and LeBron had to carry them to the 2012 championship because Bosh was injured and Wade was playing like shit. Even the Celtics were only truly scary for a season and a half after they got Garnett and Allen - it took Garnett a year to fully recover from fucking up his knee, they had one good playoff run in 2010 after a crap regular season, and after that they were just too old. Golden State might get a ring or two out of this, but before too long somebody's going to get butthurt about not getting enough shots or enough credit, locker room dissent will start to brew (as it tends to in a sports locker room full of guys with huge egos and successful track records), someone will probably get injured because NBA, and they'll look pretty beatable.

So, being an OKC fan, y'all probably expect me to be pissed out of my mind. Actually though, I'm glad KD left. I didn't want him to, but now that he has, I think the team will be better. Westbrook really took over the team the last two years, and from my viewpoint, KD was getting in the way. With Westbrook as the undisputed leader, and the acquisition of Oladipo as his sidekick, I see big things coming, especially with the team of Adams and Kanter down low, both of whom showed how tough they were in the playoffs.
    Oye. This is one of your dumber comments. Your team just lost one of the two best players in the league.

Think about that.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

You think Chris Paul is better than Oscar Robertson?
    I'll answer that.

NO. Paul is a pussy while the Big O was somewhat the Jacky Robinson of the NBA and one of the best shooting guards of all time and a great defensive player. No one fucked with Oscar Robinson. I saw him play many times while he was in Milwaukee. I would say that he was one of the four best guards I ever saw play.

Paul is not even close. It's laughable to compare them but have fun with it.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

And le the overpays, stupid deals and all the fun begin.. shortly after NBA free agency begins, Lakers give Timofey Mozgov a huge deal (4 years/64 million).
    Evan Turner got 4/70.

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!!!! he had a nice year, finally. $17 mil a year for a role playing 6-7 man?

No team gets better by losing a top 5 player in the NBA. Westbrook already said he won't sign an extension and is likely leaving in off-season and has been rumored to be in trade talks.. Thunder went from a potential dynasty to a team that reminds me a lot of the 90s Magic.
    Good comp. Westbrook is the new Penny. Although better.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I'll answer that.

NO. Paul is a pussy while the Big O was somewhat the Jacky Robinson of the NBA and one of the best shooting guards of all time and a great defensive player. No one fucked with Oscar Robinson. I saw him play many times while he was in Milwaukee. I would say that he was one of the four best guards I ever saw play.

Paul is not even close. It's laughable to compare them but have fun with it.
    I grew up watching the big O and dreading it when we played them. 6'5" and as good a bb player as I ever saw. Because it is a deadend fight, I don't get into the comparison of eras much, but many and I mean many of the stars of the 60's and 70's would be stars today.

Oye. This is one of your dumber comments. Your team just lost one of the two best players in the league.

Think about that.
    The stats show that OKC was significantly better without KD in the lineup over the last two years.

Quit while you're ahead.
    We miss you Mike.

Ah, the exuberance of youth.

Good comp. Westbrook is the new Penny. Although better.
    A little less injury prone as well. Thunder really messed up what could've been a dynasty. Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Ibaka (and they also drafted Jeff Green who is solid as well around that time). Sucks to see a team draft so much young talent and prematurely trade it/have it leave in free agency.
    The stats show that OKC was significantly better without KD in the lineup over the last two years.
    No team in the NBA has a Kevin Durant level player, then loses him and can say they got better. The only logical argument would be if a team somehow lost KD and acquired Lebron. You have to be in complete denial to actually believe losing KD will make Thunder better.

They'll be fine without him. They're not going to be a championship contender, but they're still definitely a playoff team.

I doubt that without a major acquisition that the Thunder return to the playoffs soon.

In fact, it is speculated that the team will fall off enough to promote moving them to another city.

I would have preferred to have KD remain on OKC too. Good for the team and the city, and possibly the league.

I can understand wanting to try something new after 9 years of banging your head against the wall.

Ultimately, the Celts did not get him ( this year ) so I don't care. Fuck him and all the ass-clown Warriors fans. Fair weather blow hards.

I bet not a one of them has heard of Al Attles, Nate Thurmond and players of that era.

If shitty ass Memphis can have a team, why not OKC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.