Register now to remove this ad

Page 438 of 471 FirstFirst ... 338388428436437438439440448 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 7061

Thread: Official NBA thread

Hayward needs to come back for next season.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Aaaaand now Cleveland just got George Hill and Rodney Hood for Jae Crowder (trash), Iman Shumpert (trash), and Derrick Rose (whatever). They also sent Wade back to Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    Aaaaand now Cleveland just got George Hill and Rodney Hood for Jae Crowder (trash), Iman Shumpert (trash), and Derrick Rose (whatever). They also sent Wade back to Miami.
    Wow. I guess they couldn't move IT.

Why do people still think Rose can help? He can't stay on the court.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

They traded IT to the Lakers earlier. I'm not sure what Utah's angle is in trading Hood for Rose, they're just dog-paddling along like usual I guess.

Really good day for the Cavs, clearing out the locker room cancers and highly-paid nothings and bringing back some guys that can actually help them. Reminds me of when the Sox got rid of Beckett, Crawford, and A-Gon in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    They traded IT to the Lakers earlier. I'm not sure what Utah's angle is in trading Hood for Rose, they're just dog-paddling along like usual I guess.

Really good day for the Cavs, clearing out the locker room cancers and highly-paid nothings and bringing back some guys that can actually help them. Reminds me of when the Sox got rid of Beckett, Crawford, and A-Gon in 2012.
    Yeah I just saw the IT trade to LA.

The Cavs still have the best player and Love when healthy.

IT is definitely the most talented player in the trade, but he not been himself this season, I'm not sure if its injuries or what but he's been one of the worst players in league this year. He's always been awful defensively (size being a partial reason), but this year he wasn't even shooting well. His play factored in with the cancerous locker room attitude, the Cavs had to move him. Overall, I think Cavs did a decent job, they traded a ton of cancerous/trash players for some very good young players.

At the very least, these guys will show effort, unlike IT, Rose and some of those other guys showing 0 effort.

Deity
    hard to imagine that both IT and JC have been moved.

I am glad Danny stood pat at the deadline.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Danny has go a lot of Red in him. I like that. He has to do things differently but he has a great plan.

All 4 of our sports teams seem to have competent GM's right now. So much fun.

Sox won back to back division titles. Bruins are one of the best teams in the league. Celtics are one of the two best teams in the east and have been rolling since middle of last season. Pats appeared in 3 of the last 4 super bowls. Times have been pretty good since 1999.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Danny has go a lot of Red in him. I like that. He has to do things differently but he has a great plan.
    Yes and yes. Grabbing Stevens and drafting/ signing/ trading has been fun to watch. So many good moves.

The Lakers made out best.

They dumped salary (Clarkson) and added a first round draft pick- not easy to do.

They'll have $70M to spend next summer, and still have a small core of good young players in the mix..

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The Lakers made out best.

They dumped salary (Clarkson) and added a first round draft pick- not easy to do.

They'll have $70M to spend next summer, and still have a small core of good young players in the mix..
    They do have some interesting young talent but unless a huge move is made along with some other complimentary moves the Lakers will continue to suck ass.

They have been playing much better, though. Maybe it's because the pimple faced eraser face rookie has been sitting.

That kid is very over rated.

They do have some interesting young talent but unless a huge move is made along with some other complimentary moves the Lakers will continue to suck ass.

They have been playing much better, though. Maybe it's because the pimple faced eraser face rookie has been sitting.

That kid is very over rated.
    Yeah, when I said "core of good young players," Ball was not in my mind.

With $70M to spend, they could conceivably get LeBron and another big player or two pretty good ones.

Deity
    here is the thing. I get the deal that most of us here are extreme Yankee haters. Not so much I guess for me. Now, the Lakers, that is a different story for me altogether. i do not like the Lakers. Their rivalry with the Celtics has been one of the greatest stories in the history of sports. Personally far richer than any Red Sox Yankee rivalry for me. Two incredibly successful franchises and in the end the ultimate Rusell vs Chamberlain. I take Rus everyday. I watched him play. I studied how he played. He was the absolute best team player/superstar that I have ever seen. Larry might come close but Rus was Rus - the greatest of all time. Also the next beer I am about to drink is in honor of the way Danny does business!