Register now to remove this ad

Page 453 of 471 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 7061

Thread: Official NBA thread

Rozier is nothing special, just another shoot-first combo guard prone to heroballing. Most replaceable type of player in the league. He never should have been on the team this year in the first place, since putting up numbers in the playoffs and then bumped back down to Kyrie's backup pissed him off and stunted his development.

Smart can start and the Celtics can sign literally anyone capable of staying in front of their man to be the backup.

The Warriors are absolutely ridiculous.

I think I heard this right. The Warriors swept the Blazers in spite of trailing by 17 or 18 points in 3 of the 4 games.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    In
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    Rozier is nothing special, just another shoot-first combo guard prone to heroballing. Most replaceable type of player in the league. He never should have been on the team this year in the first place, since putting up numbers in the playoffs and then bumped back down to Kyrie's backup pissed him off and stunted his development.

Smart can start and the Celtics can sign literally anyone capable of staying in front of their man to be the backup.

While you claim Davis is no Kevin Garnett, statistically Davis has been better through age 25 with more PPG, more RPG, more BPG, and a better eFLG%

[B]My Bucks are Shitting the bed after going up 2-0.

[/BIt doesn't matter, since the Warriors have been preordained the 2019 NBA Champs.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    In

While you claim Davis is no Kevin Garnett, statistically Davis has been better through age 25 with more PPG, more RPG, more BPG, and a better eFLG%
    So Davis knows how to stuff his stats. Good for him.

Garnett is one of the very best defensive players in the history of the game. In his prime, he could guard every position on the court despite being a 7 footer. When he got to Boston, his experience and expertise on that end of the floor instantly made everyone else a much better player and single-handedly turned the Celtics franchise around. Davis? Not even close to being capable of something like that.

Garnett is one of the most unselfish big men to ever play the game. Davis, again, not even close. Garnett could, and did, do any and all of the dirty work necessary to win a game. Davis winces if somebody gets too rough boxing him out for a rebound. Garnett's assists (even though assists tell an incomplete story, since they only count if the shot goes in) in his prime are close to triple that of Davis. AND consider that those assist numbers came on garbage Timberwolves teams, during a rough, low-scoring time in NBA history, where half of Garnett's on-court teammates at any given point were little more than doorstops with eyes.

The Pelicans have made the playoffs twice in Davis' 7 seasons. Garnett, after the Timberwolves became a one man show (before the Cassell and Sprewell trades) led Minnesota to the playoffs 5 straight years, in the western conference. Not just that, but they won 50 on multiple occasions. Those might be some of the shittiest 50 win teams in NBA history. The only thing keeping them out of the cellar was Garnett. In all, Minnesota made the playoffs in 8 of Garnett's first 9 seasons.

Kevin Garnett, with his defense, screen setting, and court vision, could have an MVP level impact on a game before attempting a single field goal. The same is not true of Davis, who isn't an MVP caliber player at all. Davis is just another ball-hungry big who mopes if he's not getting enough shots. Pass. Let the Lakers make that mistake and repeat 2013 all over again.
    Last edited by Jacoby_Ellsbury; 05-26-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Kawhi Leonard has a chance to go down in history if he can lead Raptors to this series win. I know Warriors are banged up, he his playoff run has been special

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Kawhi Leonard has a chance to go down in history if he can lead Raptors to this series win. I know Warriors are banged up, he his playoff run has been special
    The injuries to the Warriors should not taint Leonard's accomplishments.

His supporting cast is still not as well known or as good as the remaining healthy Warriors team.
    Last edited by moonslav59; 06-08-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The injuries to the Warriors should not taint Leonard's accomplishments.

His supporting cast is still not as well known or as good as the remaining healthy Warriors team.
    I’m not saying it should taint anything. But Durant being out, Cousins being hurt and looking like he doesn’t belong in NBA, and Klay missing a game and playing injured are pretty brutal losses.

I’m not saying it should taint anything. But Durant being out, Cousins being hurt and looking like he doesn’t belong in NBA, and Klay missing a game and playing injured are pretty brutal losses.
    Yes, I agree, but the Warriors have gotten a lot of breaks in the past, and Toronto did lose Vanvleet for a while!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Yes, I agree, but the Warriors have gotten a lot of breaks in the past, and Toronto did lose Vanvleet for a while!

Well if losing your backup point guard doesn’t offset the loss of Durant then I don’t know what does...

Karma-wise, the Warriors losing Durant is payback for the series a few years ago between the Warriors and the Spurs when Kawhi missed virtually the whole series.

Plus last year the Warriors got a big break against Houston when Chris Paul missed the last game.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Durant is playing tonight

Durant is playing tonight
    Can't see him saving their season. If Golden State wins 3 straight it's more of an epic collapse by the Raptors. We have been dominating Golden State for the most part. As good as Durant is if one man changes the outcome from Toronto dominating this series to Golden State winning 3 straight I will legit puke all over the place. Also Durant i'm sure will be limited tonight. He is still not 100 percent.

Golden State with Durant is one of the most intimidating units in NBA history. They can light you up and run you off the floor at the drop of a hat. This isn't over until Toronto wins 4, and if they don't do it tonight the Warriors are right back in this thing.