Register now to remove this ad

Page 465 of 471 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 7061

Thread: Official NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Celtics dominated game 1 against Miami. Pissed it away? TRUE!

But your NBA analysis is as weak as your Fandom.

Patriots? MAJOR PROPS! Pretty weak game, but they showed character. Good on them! I may not love Cam's crazy stylings, but he has shown nothing but hard work and heart.

He may be crazy, but now he's OUR Crazy! Hey! Gronk was batshit crazy, and we loved him!

Now.... I LOVE CAM!

I've LOVED the Pats, Celtics, Bruins, and Red Sox for most of my 57 years! NOTHING would ever change that.

Swi-ghost likely became a Sox fan in 2004.
    Likely was once a Celtic fan?

Keep chirping Swi-ghost.

Hell.... I HATE the Yankees, Lakers, Canucks, & .... Bills... fill in the team, but I have madd respect for all. I want them all great, because it makes the wins that much sweeter after these brutal seasons.

Truth? Guys like you make the championships that much sweeter! Quietly shoving it up your arss.

I don't care how you feel about somebody, you have to respect them if they work hard and show grit and determination. Newton is definitely one of those guys. Most teams counted him out after the surgery. He proved them wrong. That's what sports is all about. I respect that.

I agree, it's more fun to beat the teams you hate when those teams are good. The Pats win against the Bills to clinch the AFC East last year was extra satisfying, but Swiharts Ghost probably thought it was lame because the Pats only won by 6 and looked "soft."

I don't hate the Raptors, but it was more fun to beat them in 7 hard fought games than it would have been if OG Anunoby's prayer hadn't gone in to win game 3. I;m assuming the Celtics would have won in 4 or 5 if that shot didn't drop, and while that would have been less strain on my nerves, it also wouldn't have felt as rewarding. You gotta love the dogfight, because you appreciate the outcome more, no matter who wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I don't care how you feel about somebody, you have to respect them if they work hard and show grit and determination. Newton is definitely one of those guys. Most teams counted him out after the surgery. He proved them wrong. That's what sports is all about. I respect that.

I agree, it's more fun to beat the teams you hate when those teams are good. The Pats win against the Bills to clinch the AFC East last year was extra satisfying, but Swiharts Ghost probably thought it was lame because the Pats only won by 6 and looked "soft."

I don't hate the Raptors, but it was more fun to beat them in 7 hard fought games than it would have been if OG Anunoby's prayer hadn't gone in to win game 3. I;m assuming the Celtics would have won in 4 or 5 if that shot didn't drop, and while that would have been less strain on my nerves, it also wouldn't have felt as rewarding. You gotta love the dogfight, because you appreciate the outcome more, no matter who wins.
    Annnnnnnd here comes the softcelts blowing a 20 point lead AGAIN Tatum looks like a lost clown again .Team better figure out jacking up 3 s is not what’s going to win a championship .Soft soft soft team

Soft as a grape teams only go so far what another choke gag job by the SOFTCELTS

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Soft as a grape teams only go so far what another choke gag job by the SOFTCELTS
    Then. Don't. Watch. Nobody is making you watch. If you think they suck so much, watch something else.

And while you're at it, delete your account.

Celtics will win this series if they keep Walker, JB, & MS in the flow... especially down the stretch.

JB has MAD hops & is the most athletic player out there at any time. If they keep him in the flow, they win.

If it's JT in isolation? They lose. JT is going to be GREAT, but right now, he is just a young player who is barely in that top tier.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox75 View Post
    Celtics will win this series if they keep Walker, JB, & MS in the flow... especially down the stretch.

JB has MAD hops & is the most athletic player out there at any time. If they keep him in the flow, they win.

If it's JT in isolation? They lose. JT is going to be GREAT, but right now, he is just a young player who is barely in that top tier.
    Yep. Series definitely ain't over

GOD I hate the Lakers!
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Deity
    So the NBA season just ended.

Last year, their regular season started on October 22nd. Can they ramp up and go again in 9 days?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    So the NBA season just ended.

Last year, their regular season started on October 22nd. Can they ramp up and go again in 9 days?
    I was actually thinking about this last night. A year ago this weekend I was in New Orleans for the football team for a game against Tulane. The pictures popped up in my phone since it was the anniversary. I remember talking with our crew that went about going to a Pelicans preseason game that night, so we could see Zion. We didn't end up going, but that was THIS season. Zion just finished his rookie year, and that was a full calendar year ago. Wild.

RIP Tommy Heinsohn

I LOVE WALTAH!!!
    Last edited by mvp 78; 11-10-2020 at 07:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    RIP Tommy Heinsohn

I LOVE WALTAH!!!
    Sad.

He made Eck seem neutral

Been a year since Kobe died

Obviously, I'm not about to prop up New York sports teams, but I must concede how great it is to see the Knicks in the playoffs, and a full Madison Square Garden. Considering what NYC has been through in the last 15 months, and what Knicks fans have been through for decades, it's a story even I can get behind.
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Obviously, I'm not about to prop up New York sports teams, but I must concede how great it is to see the Knicks in the playoffs, and a full Madison Square Garden. Considering what NYC has been through in the last 15 months, and what Knicks fans have been through for decades, it's a story even I can get behind.
    The Nets, too.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The Nets, too.
    Well the Nets I am considerably less excited about, as they are demolishing the Celtics so far
    I can't disagree with you